Rooster's official "BFT #25" sign-up thread

Rooster_Ties

Hi everybody!!!

I probably should have gotten this thread started last week, but things got busy.

I've got TWO discs full of great BFT selections, plus a 2-hour unreleased concert (so two more discs), that are all looking for happy homes. :) I've also noticed on a few trade-lists recently, that the unreleased concert I'll be sending is something some of you already have. So, I should probably let the cat out of the bag about it here and now (see below). If you already have a copy of this date, please let me know in your sign-up post, and also your PM to me, along with your snail-mail address.

Woody Shaw Quartet, Bremen, 18-JAN-1983 (2CD's)

with Woody Shaw, Mulgrew Miller, Stafford James, and Tony Reedus (two discs, almost 2 hours of music)

This is some of THE best Woody Shaw I've ever heard. He's on fire, all night long, as is the entire band. (Some amazing Mulgrew too.)

Note: Some of you have already signed-up for my BFT, by way of asking for something in the "Pay It Forward"/"Free-Stuff" thread from a couple weeks back (I said I'd include my BFT discs, as long as I was sending stuff). I'll be compiling a list of those people, and posting it here by the end of the day (probably late tonight).

And some of you have already signed up to distribute (via my "BFT #25 Logistics" thread). I'll compile a list of those folks too, and post it here in this thread -- again, probably late tonight. (If you'd like to help by being a distributor, please let me know ASAP. Those who have already told me they'd help, thanks a bunch!!!)

I’ll edit this first post, in both cases, to provide that info for you -- so look up here at the beginning of this thread for these lists.

My goal is to send out source-discs to all the distributors by the end of the week (meaning by this Friday, or by Monday at the very latest).

Is there anything else I’m forgetting???

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18th Jan 1983 eh? That's the same tour that I caught Shaw and co. at Ronnie Scotts for two consecutive nights. Around the same time as that Enja album I think. Most definitely this was the same band.

They were Smokin'

The first set opened with an amazing 'All The Things You Are'.

:excited:

PS - I'll distribute disks, shine your shoes and wash the dishes for a copy please...

Edited by sidewinder

Up for the late-night crowd, and folks on the other side of the pond.  :)

. . . or on this side of the other pond, I hope.

Count me in (BFT and Woody Shaw). My earlier offer to help with distribution, especially in Asia (or am I the only one?), still stands.

PM will follow.