Red Garland, "Prelude's" (Concord)

Bol

Someone is about to answer this question authoritatively, so listen up. :P I just got off the phone with Joe Tarantino, who remastered this new set for Fantasy/Concord (and he is credited for this on the label). He confirmed that this is, indeed, a new remastering, and NOT the Japanese 20-bit K2, and that this one was done in 24-bit.

By the way, I also asked him about the new Bill Evans Vanguard box, which also credits him with remastering, and he confirmed that it, too, is a new remastering, and NOT the 20-bit-K2 remastered box previously issued in Japan.

I've called Joe in the past with questions, and he has always been very helpful. I'm glad to see that even with the Concord acquisition, he's still there. :tup

Edited by Ron S

Someone is about to answer this question authoritatively, so listen up. :P I just got off the phone with Joe Tarantino, who remastered this new set for Fantasy/Concord (and he is credited for this on the label). He confirmed that this is, indeed, a new remastering, and NOT the Japanese 20-bit K2, and that this one was done in 24-bit.

By the way, I also asked him about the new Bill Evans Vanguard box, which also credits him with remastering, and he confirmed that it, too, is a new remastering, and NOT the 20-bit-K2 remastered box previously issued in Japan.

I've called Joe in the past with questions, and he has always been very helpful. I'm glad to see that even with the Concord acquisition, he's still there. :tup

Hmmm... I just saw the Evans set at Borders today, and the outer box says "20-bit K2". Is that a misprint? Or did Tarantino do a new remaster using the same technology?

By the way, Lon, who is that fetching woman whose picture you put up?

Ron, is he still on hold???? :excited: Please ask him to try to work some magic over there and see if they can't come out with a re-mastered 'Shelly Manne & His Men @ The Blackhawk' box!! That would be sweeeeeet!

How about a "Complete Eric Dolphy at the Five Spot" two disc set? That's one combo that's long overdue.

Hmmm... I just saw the Evans set at Borders today, and the outer box says "20-bit K2". Is that a misprint? Or did Tarantino do a new remaster using the same technology?

That's a good question, since the box says it in two different places. Guess I should call him back next week and find out. :)

HERE HERE FOR FOR SHELLEY MANNE'S "AT THE BLACKHAWK"

PLEASE CONCORD,LISTEN UP.......HOW ABOUT A 3-4 CD BOX SET OF THE COMPLETE (with alternate takes at the ends of the cd and not after the master take of the same song!) BLACKHAWK

RECORDINGS REMASTERED IN 20-24 BIT??!!!

SIGN ME UP TODAY !!

:tup