The Super Bore. errrrr Bowl

Who Is Gonna Win The Big Game  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with New England for their defense, but the way Carolina has played they might just complete the Cindarella Season. But what I really have to hope for is that the Pats knock out the Carolina QB, cause if I am not mistaken, the backup is former Seminole and Heisman winner Chris Weinke, and if he comes in to the game than my allegiance will have to switch immediately. ;)

Everyone knows who I picked. ^_^

It won't be a super bore to me. :g

Carolina is a dangerous underdog. I don't think this is such a gimme game as many people seem to think.

Gotta love Warren Sapp for creating a press statement that will be posted in the New England lockerroom. He said that the Carolina defensive line will overwhelm the Patriots' offensive line and that it's a huge mismatch.

Sapp must have something against Carolina. :lol: Players from both teams have been careful to avoid inflammatory comments.

Thanks for the boost, Sapp. Hope you find a team that would be willing to pay you a bloated salary next year.

Reason says New England, and most of the gut is leaning that way.

But I've got a funny feeling about Cajun power coming into play. Like I said elsewhere, there's a BUNCH of Cajuns in the Houston area, and if you think I'm trying to be funny, I'm not. That's a VERY tightly-knit culture, and the whole psyche/vibe thing might just prove to be the extra boost that bumps Delhomme up the notch needed to go all the way. Maybe.

I'll be pulling Panthers, but if I was betting (and I'm not), it would be Pats.

My 17 year old son, who has a better than 90% pick-rate the last two seasons (straight picks, no spread, and no gambling, not that I know of anyway, which is kind of a drag... :g ) is picking Carolina, but says he's not sure because the only playoff games he's missed on this season have involved New England, which kinda proves what I want to believe - New England SHOULDN'T win so much, but they do anyway, so there you are, dammit.

Totally gut feeling, though - whoever wins will do so handily. Another Stupor Bowl. Hope there's good commercials this year!

Some interesting stats:

--The Pats last lost a game on September 28th, which was two days before the baseball playoffs started. Now pitchers and catchers are reporting back.

--Of those 14 wins, eight of them were against teams with 10 wins or better!

--Looking back, the best teams (besides the Pats) were Indianapolis, Tennessee, and Philadelphia, and New England was 5-0 against them. Throw in wins against Denver, Miami (2 wins) and Dallas.

--At the same time, Carolina only played 4 teams with winning records, and still managed to lose 5 games.

--The Panthers lost three consecutive games just two months ago. In addition, they pulled out lucky wins against Jacksonville when Delhomme had to complete a 4th and 10; the blocked extra point to beat the Bucs; and Haslett's meltdown in New Orleans.

Actually, on paper it should be a rout...

Knowing the Pats, though, it won't. :)

(Source: The Sports Guy)

Being a New Englander for roughly five years of my life (and still considering New England my spiritual home) I will be pulling for the Pats. I've had my heart broken so many times (by the Sox, usually) but still I keep coming back!

It'll be a competitive game, but I think the Pats will take it...

I'm all for teamwork and supreme intellegince, both of which the Pats have in spades, and rightfully deserve credit for.

What I'm not for is winning without as much as a gnat pube's worth of personality, which is something else the Pats have in spades. Winning is winning, sure, but hay Zeus, freakin' Christo, when you have enough anti-charisma to make a last second win predictable and actually BORING, (did anybody seriously doubt that the game would end EXACTLY as it did, and find the FG anti-climactic?) I'd look in the front office and see if a guy named Faust has an office somewhere. This is America, not (fill in the blank with your favorite efficiency uber alles entity). If you want football as corporate entity, be my guest. I can do bad by myaelf...

Quality of life, babe, quality of life.

Thanks for the affirmation Mule! Guess I could have Googled around some news groups but came right to the center of it all -"Organissimo"- for the answer and the close-up!!

My nine year old daughter was on the horn in a heartbeat to ring up Grandpa to see if he caught the "well you know, her ah, BooB". I assured her that PaPa probably headed into the kitchen for a sammich as soon as P Diddy hit the stage. The overheard coversation was priceless. So that was CBS' big surprise? Gotta hand it to the Jackson kiddies tho.

:blink: i picked this smiley only because the right one is bigger.

A great game all the same and I guess Janet had to upstage Beyonce cause she sure couldn't hit with her in the real lungs department.