James Clay and George Coleman Finds

catesta

Dude,

That' all you gotta say "good stuff". It's more than that. Do have his disc with Newman "Wide Open Spaces" or "Tenorman" under the leadership of Lawrence Marable. If you don't, you gotta get 'em NOW!!

Edited by Brad

Dude,

That' all you gotta say "good stuff". It's more than that. Do have his disc with Newman "Wide Open Spaces" or "Tenorman" under the leadership of Lawrence Marable. If you don't, you gotta get 'em NOW!!

Yes sir, I've got "Wide Open Spaces" that was what really made me want to look for more from Clay. You be right about being more than just good stuff, I gave it a real listen lastnight, it is a bad ass motha of a session, I'm lovin' it.

Got the Clay cd yesterday, good stuff

hey - how about some positive feedback? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm on it, I was forced to sit in a meeting most of yesterday and never had a chance.

Going from f***in' meeting to f***in' meeting. That describes much of my work day :(

Speaking of James Clay .. it is unfortunate that "circumstances" surrounding the jazz life prevented him from making more albums during his lifetime. Both his tenor and flute playing were outstanding. I do not believe that anyone has yet mentioned his terrific work on Red Mitchell's first album "Presenting Red Mitchell" (Contemporary) ... where he is featured extensively, with Lorraine Geller, who also died young, on piano. This was the first time that I heard Clay, and that album became a favorite of mine. It is still available .. see below.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...685&style=music

Garth.

Edited by garthsj

• 3 months later...