Jump to content

cayetano

Members
  • Posts

    203
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://oscuraeralanoche.blogspot.com
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Madrid, Spain

Recent Profile Visitors

3,675 profile views

cayetano's Achievements

  1. Next British Jazz Explosion batch (October 16): Alan Skidmore, "Once Upon a Time" Joe Harriott, "High Spirits"
  2. 11. Free, bluesy, live. Hundreds like that on my shelves. At the beginning, the tenor sax is great, a la Fred Anderson, but then the baritone sax takes the lead role. No idea. All credit goes to the forum member who identifies it.
  3. 4. Classic and unmistakable BN sound, it's " Heavy legs" from Johnny Coles " Little Johnny C". Amazing. 5. No idea, disoriented. 6. I should know this, intriguing.
  4. First listen, a lot of nice music. Only two obvious (I got both): 8. "Pharoah" from Ethnic Heritage Ensemble "Be Know Ancient/Future/Music" 10. "Great spirit" from the homonym CD by William Parker Raining on the moon w/ Leena Conquest. Some more: 1. No idea. Very nice, great solos, I think the baritone is Pepper Adams. 2. Very familiar but I don't recognize none of the two saxes. 3. I got it, it's "Malice Towards None" from Clifford Jordan "Bearcat".
  5. Ted Curson, I presume. I din't even know that album existed.
  6. Also I need an upgrade, I got a crap reissue of "Les Stances A Sophie".
  7. 3. Listening to it again. Catchy melody, it reminds me something similar by Gene Shaw. Another nice choice.
  8. In spanish: Ten Freedom Summers
  9. 8. I don't find the album. It's intriguing because I think there are only 2 with the original lineup with Anthony Davis: Golden Quartet and The Year of the elephant. I got both (and almost the complete Leo Smith discography) but where the hell is it? Edit: OK, it's "Fannie Lou Hamer ant the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party, 1964" from Ten Freedom Summers. Masterpiece.
  10. Damn, 10 is "Need to be" from Dewey Redman Musics. I got the album, but I was disoriented thinking of someone like Clifford Jordan.
  11. 4. It's Jackie McLean "New York Calling", not my fav Jackie period, the seventies. 10. Nice and very familiar, I need to find it. 2,3,6. No idea. Off my radar.
  12. Nice. I'm tired of looking for the Ted Daniel.
  13. By the way, Bunky & Rudresh is 5, not 6, my mistake.
×
×
  • Create New...