Jump to content

hopkins

Members
  • Posts

    452
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Paris
  • Interests
    Music related: audio systems and software development for audio.

Recent Profile Visitors

5,061 profile views

hopkins's Achievements

Community Regular

Community Regular (8/14)

  • Conversation Starter Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

  1. RIP
  2. I have always had a soft spot for this 2006 album: Nothing earth shattering, but easy to listen to, and her delivery is refreshingly simple - today I feel like a lot of singers try too hard...
  3. Thanks. Perhaps I will bring it to a store that has a multi-channel system and ask to play it. Sounds like it is worth it!
  4. How do you play it? Do you have a special amplifier? I actually bought the Quadraphonic Blu-ray, and extracted the tracks to listen to them individually - which was interesting enough, but I don't have what it takes to play them combined (I assume you need 4 speakers). Here is a video I published on YouTube of one of the tracks which features Hodges and Davis...you can hear them more clearly than in the stereo mix, obviously because the other instruments are not recorded in the foreground.
  5. I can testify to that. My father bought this album when it came out, so I grew up with it (I was 5 in 1971...). It has always fascinated me, and certainly fed my interest in all things Ellington later on. Here are my "album notes", with excerpts from Eddie Lambert's book and additional reviews: https://storage.googleapis.com/cloudplayer/album.html#1733564086035
  6. I don’t know exactly how Shazam works but it would be great to have a similar service associated with discographical information.
  7. The samples available on Mosaic's website sound good (I compared them to a few versions available on streaming sites).
  8. Nice idea! I build my own app to do pretty much the same thing - but of course for my personal use. I created a website with some of my albums (the search function on that site is very limited - on my local server I have a more extensive search, and can play tracks from the album pages) https://storage.googleapis.com/cloudplayer/collection.html Good luck with your app!
  9. What part of it?
  10. The starting point were the morgages themselves… https://www.aei.org/articles/the-clinton-era-roots-of-the-financial-crisis/ Edit: this seems to be from a conservative think tank, but I believe the analysis is generally agreed upon today
  11. With streaming platforms inundated with AI generated music I am somewhat reassured to know that some would return to “known quantities”.
  12. It would be nice to have this album on CD...
  13. Thanks for pointing her out. Illinois Jacquet did a nice version of Round Midnight on a bassoon.
×
×
  • Create New...