Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cover%2Bfontana.jpg

The Dick Morrissey quartet - It`s Morrissey, Man!

And who would have thought that the guy carting the bass on the rail track would turn into Stevie Wonder's production sidekick :crazy:

Still playing in the US. Tom 1960 tells me he saw him on bass recently at a gig in upstate new York and was surprised by the British accent.

Edited by BillF

Great to hear that, Bill !

Best pressing I ever heard of 'East Broadway Rundown' was a mono on HMV.

I still have mine. Some original Impulse albums sound far better in their early mono form.

I have quite a few of those - the 'Love Supreme' in the HMV imprint is a particular favourite.

I still have mine. Some original Impulse albums sound far better in their early mono form.

I have quite a few of those - the 'Love Supreme' in the HMV imprint is a particular favourite.

Got it! (Bought in 1965)

Got it! (Bought in 1965)

Except that these mid-60s mono pressings are fold downs from the stereo master. You can get the same effect by using a y cord. I'm not saying anything about the pressing, just that "Mono" isn't a mix.

Now playing: Coleman Hawkins - The High And Mighty Hawk (Affinity). Not the greatest sounding LP I've ever heard. It sounds like Affinity got a late generation tape to cut with.

coleman_hawkins-the_high_and_mighty_hawk

Now playing: Coleman Hawkins - The High And Mighty Hawk (Affinity). Not the greatest sounding LP I've ever heard. It sounds like Affinity got a late generation tape to cut with.

All the Affinity`s I ever have had sounded crap , cheap UK reissuelabel. :shrug[1]:

Try to buy the UK-pressings of Felsted. :tup

p.s. I love this album!!!

Edited by tomatamot

Affinity was certainly a cheap label but it would be quite wrong to say they all sound poor. I've a number of examples which sound very good with very quiet surfaces. Material culled from Vee Jay, Bethlehem, BYG etc. Crap covers with nasty cover "art" but often with a thoughtful essay by Brian Priestly.

Affinity was certainly a cheap label but it would be quite wrong to say they all sound poor. I've a number of examples which sound very good with very quiet surfaces. Material culled from Vee Jay, Bethlehem, BYG etc. Crap covers with nasty cover "art" but often with a thoughtful essay by Brian Priestly.

Clunky, I`ve edit my post.