Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Earlier

Bud Shank and three trombones (Vogue UK) mint 10 incher , sounds great in this edition.

Now...

Clarke/ Bolland Big Band-------"Faces"--------(MPS) UK, latest addition to my CBBB collection and just as fine as the rest

44223572_m.jpg

I've been really appreciating Quill lately on a variety of releases , I don't have this one but get a bit muddled with some of these Prestige issues , I think I'm correct in thing hat this crosses over with Bird Feathers to some degree. The Quill Freshsound disc is superb as has been previously noted. Edited by Clunky

Joe Henderson, Inner Urge (Blue Note blue label, Van Gelder), and

Bob Thiele and His New Happy Times Orchestra with Gabor Szabo, LIght My Fire (Impulse, white and black promo label). This had the appearance of a comical period piece turkey (confirmed on the second track of side 1 as an uncredited chorus of female vocalists sings, "Let's All Get Stoned" during a version of Dylan's Rainy Day Woman). But on the last song of the first side, Light My Fire of all things, Gabor Szabo unleashes a furious solo, followed by some rather fine Tom Scott, and this high level of solo play by Szabo and Scott more or less continues for the rest of the album.

Joe Henderson, Inner Urge (Blue Note blue label, Van Gelder), and

Bob Thiele and His New Happy Times Orchestra with Gabor Szabo, LIght My Fire (Impulse, white and black promo label). This had the appearance of a comical period piece turkey (confirmed on the second track of side 1 as an uncredited chorus of female vocalists sings, "Let's All Get Stoned" during a version of Dylan's Rainy Day Woman). But on the last song of the first side, Light My Fire of all things, Gabor Szabo unleashes a furious solo, followed by some rather fine Tom Scott, and this high level of solo play by Szabo and Scott more or less continues for the rest of the album.

Just youtubed it

:o

Amazing!

Brotzmann & Drake-------" Solid and Spirit"-------( Nero's Neptune )- just in from those Oto people.

Lucky you! I was too slow on the OTo email that arrived at work and they'd sold out. I'm hoping Honest jon's have come to the rescue

is it any good? :D

Clarence%2BWheeler%2B%2526%2BThe%2BEnfor

Clarence Wheeler & the Enforcers - The love I've been looking for - Atlantic

MG

Still got my copy of that one picked up in WH Smith's sale for 50p 'back in the day'. At the time, they had a truckload of US Atlantics and Stax being off-loaded.

Edited by sidewinder

Brotzmann & Drake-------" Solid and Spirit"-------( Nero's Neptune )- just in from those Oto people.

Lucky you! I was too slow on the OTo email that arrived at work and they'd sold out. I'm hoping Honest jon's have come to the rescue

is it any good? :D

You'll not be disappointed , it's sounding excellent so far ( sides 1 & 2)

Clarence%2BWheeler%2B%2526%2BThe%2BEnfor

Clarence Wheeler & the Enforcers - The love I've been looking for - Atlantic

MG

Still got my copy of that one picked up in WH Smith's sale for 50p 'back in the day'. At the time, they had a truckload of US Atlantics and Stax being off-loaded.

Ah, the WH Smith 50p sales! I actually got a TWOFER for 50p there, once (it was the Reuben Wilson GM).

MG