• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent - I have it on a Dutch CBS LP (rather ratty, need to upgrade).

Yeah, the Dutch CBS comes in twice as much £££ so a bit of GDR chic suited me fine. It's a fine date, one of those where evrything played just seems in the right place at the right time

"Tension" is an excellent date..so is "now jazz ramwong"...both were recently expertly reissued by German CBS in tri-fold sleeve replicas of their original issues...I bought these to upgrade my 80s L&R German reissues and they sound and look fantastic. I also recommend "folk, mond and flower dream" as well as his early albums on MPS like "birds of underground" and "never let it end"...top notch stuff!

Sonny Fortune - Long Before Our Mothers Cried - (Strata-East)

Nice one

yeah, finally picked it up recently for fairly cheap. It's far more compelling than I'd expected, excellent date.

Yeah this one seems to be plentiful in terms of strata east titles...don't think I spent more then $35 on my mint copy. Wish all strata east titles were more in this price ballpark!!

^ totally. I'd check out a lot more of the obscure S-E titles if they weren't $200+. The Mtume Umoja is definitely worth spending ducats on - it's a wonderful album.

Folk Mond is a nice record. Got the original German CBS for cheap years ago, and in good nick.

Over the years I've had 3(!) nice copies of that Mtume 2lp and could never get into it for some reason. Flipped all 3 of them but kept a recording of it. I actually enjoy "rebirth cycle" more...but then again it's been about 6 years since I last heard the double...