Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

Steve Lacy/Yuji Takahashi/Takehisa Kosugi - Distant Voices - (Columbia, JP)

Aaaah!  Glad you found a copy; did it break the bank!?

amazing album...

29 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Dubravko Detoni - Jugoslav New Music - (Philips, 21e Prospective silver series, FR)

would like to get a couple of his Jugoton LPs as they look quite intense... this one will do nicely for now.

I love that prospective series.  Was really fortunate around 7-8 years ago when a local record store got in a huge classical collection and the complete series was in the collection.  Filled in a ton of gaps for cheap; and they were all in virtually unplayed condition!

10 hours ago, optatio said:

I remember their gig in Göttingen on their lp-release-tour in 1981:

24353803ym.jpg

BOB DEGEN TRIO: HIDDEN TRACK. TRION 3103 [1981]

I only have the Calig album with Manfred Eicher on bass and liner notes by Florian Fricke(!!)

18 hours ago, paul secor said:

51Mhg3VYpRL._SY300_.jpg

Masahiko Togashi/Steve Lacy/Kent Carter: Spiritual Moments (Paddlewheel)

I swear that I have lived under a rock.  Masahiko Togashi is another artist I have only recently become aware of.  Of coarse most of his stuff is OOP I think and crazy expensive.

1 hour ago, NIS said:

I swear that I have lived under a rock.  Masahiko Togashi is another artist I have only recently become aware of.  Of coarse most of his stuff is OOP I think and crazy expensive.

Just checked and his recordings are expensive these days. Hadn't realized that. I guess the thing to do is be patient and hope for reasonably priced reissues. Just about everything gets reissued sooner or later.

27 minutes ago, paul secor said:

Just checked and his recordings are expensive these days. Hadn't realized that. I guess the thing to do is be patient and hope for reasonably priced reissues. Just about everything gets reissued sooner or later.

Good advice.  I just can't believe all the great music I've missed over the years.

3 hours ago, NIS said:

Good advice.  I just can't believe all the great music I've missed over the years.

can't grab everything, sadly.

I'm not sure what qualifies as crazy expensive - most of the Togashi LPs I've pulled were less than $40, but even $40 is far from peanuts for an LP in the grand scheme of things.

5 hours ago, NIS said:

Check out CD Japan - there are quite a few of his, including the CD version of Spiritual Moments, that are quite inexpensive. CD Japan is fast (considering) and reliable; shipping will add to the cost, of course, but it's not too bad.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/products?term.media_format=&q=masahiko+togashi