Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, clifford_thornton said:

Amon Düül - Psychedelic Underground - (Metronome, GER orig)

good for after the dinner guests leave...

Or to make them leave ;)

I used to own a mint copy of this over 15 years ago but got rid of it..my favorite album from version one is actually the folky OHR but I didn't even keep that one when I did a major krautrock purge years ago.  Did keep my mint German "yeti" on Liberty though..that's a monster no question!

Excellent late vintage BN Quebec. Recommended.

My comment was specific to the sonics. At the risk of being roasted on the 'other thread' by one particular windup merchant, the switch back to vinyl was like an extra dimension being added back to the music and much more involving.  I have just today also added a turntable isolation platform to the set up, so the difference now is even more marked.

Edited by sidewinder

6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Excellent late vintage BN Quebec. Recommended.

My comment was specific to the sonics. At the risk of being roasted on the 'other thread' by one particular windup merchant, the switch back to vinyl was like an extra dimension being added back to the music and much more involving.  I have just today also added a turntable isolation platform to the set up, so the difference now is even more marked.

The difference is probably the mastering engineer.

9 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

The difference is probably the mastering engineer.

More likely the quality of the playback equipment. LP source to amp chain is quite a bit better than CD on my system so very much dependent on individual setup.

Have experimented further with the isolation platform on the CD player as well - some substantial gains in terms of level of detail and control. Conclusion - both benefit enormously from a platform.

I'm with you sidewinder. It's not all "harmonic distortion" either. I have a great digital front end or two, but there's something from vinyl playback that enthralls me in a different way. I'm really enjoying vinyl playback these days after a turntable revamp. And I've learned how important a phono preamp is.

Edited by jazzbo