What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Lou Donadson "Midnight Creeper" Blue note/ Libery original. If someone has it :blink: , I'd like to get the handphone number of the model on (gatefold) cover. (Sorry for the anachronism)

I've got it, I'll PM it, but talk loud, she's a bit deaf now. Add a warm greeting to her nephews, from uncle Porcy. ;)

• Replies 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lou Donadson "Midnight Creeper" Blue note/ Libery original. If someone has it :blink: , I'd like to get the handphone number of the model on (gatefold) cover. (Sorry for the anachronism)

I've got it, I'll PM it, but talk loud, she's a bit deaf now. Add a warm greeting to her nephews, from uncle Porcy. ;)

:D

Hank Mobley 'A Slice Of The Top' (BN Conn Edition, 'Wally' in runout again)

I've got it as LT series, how's the sound on Conn Edition?

Just playing 'Hank's Other Bag'. It sounds fine, although the sound of this session was always a bit of a 'pea souper' in my opinion. Maybe Music Matters should re-master it? Have also got a UK Liberty LT of this and will dig it out over the next few days (especially as I've now found it after it was hiding ;)).

Hank Mobley 'A Slice Of The Top' (BN Conn Edition, 'Wally' in runout again)

I've got it as LT series, how's the sound on Conn Edition?

Just playing 'Hank's Other Bag'. It sounds fine, although the sound of this session was always a bit of a 'pea souper' in my opinion. Maybe Music Matters should re-master it? Have also got a UK Liberty LT of this and will dig it out over the next few days (especially as I've now found it after it was hiding ;)).

Yep, from my POV I'd like more good sounding reissue of such stuff, rather then the common titles, reissued dozens of times from 'Lexington' to 'Liberty' to 'Classic'.

Edited by porcy62

Von Freeman - Doin' it right now - Atlantic orig

Yeah, will dig that one out a bit later. Great playing by John Young on that one.

How is that?? I've seen a bunch of copies around the local shops that I keep passing on.

It's a good, straight-ahead session, produced by Rahsaan Roland Kirk back in the early '70s. I'm not a particular fan of Von Freeman's tenor sound but the band is a good one. For me, John Young stands out on this session.

Carla Bley 'Heavy Heart' (Watt/ECM)

Von Freeman 'Doin' It Right Now' (Atlantic green/orange, stereo) - Von Freeman, John Young, Sam Jones, Jimmy Cobb. What a great lineup !

Warming enormously to Von's quirky Chicago sound. Really nice LP - recommended !

Edited by sidewinder