Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continuing with Bob Thompson covers:

Steve Lacy Quartet - Forest and the Zoo - (ESP-Disk') with Rava, Dyani and Moholo, recorded at a Fluxus event in Buenos Aires!

Clifford, you probably are aware that Steve Lacy also used a Bob Thompson sketch for the cover of the Silkheart CD '5xMonk 5xLacy'.

Beautiful!

Actually, I'd forgotten about that one...

Bob Thompson is wonderful, one of my favorite painters for many reasons (and if you knew my art preferences, it might REALLY come as a surprise). He's also a good name to drop when interviewing guys who came up in the '60s, for many of them seem to have a Thompson story or two!

:tup

Milt Hinton/Wendell Marshall/Bull Ruther 'Basses Loaded!' (RCA Victor mono)

with arrangements by Al Cohn (the Hinton sides), Billy Byers (Marshall) and Manny Albam (Ruther)

Woody Shaw 'Little Red's Fantasy' (Muse) with Frank Strozier, Ronnie Matthews, etc...

Edited by brownie

:D

Don't even have the Pathe Marconi of that one.. :(

I'm pretty sure I have an extra 47W63rd mono copy of this one with the "ear" and the original inner sleeve. If I remember right it's in SOLID VG condition and plays good--a bit of surface noise here and there, but still a nice original copy. I was going to ebay it one day, but if anyone here needs it . . .

What's it worth? $75? Something like that?

Edited by Allan Songer

I'm pretty sure I have an extra 47W63rd mono copy of this one with the "ear" and the original inner sleeve. If I remember right it's in SOLID VG condition and plays good--a bit of surface noise here and there, but still a nice original copy. I was going to ebay it one day, but if anyone here needs it . . .

What's it worth? $75? Something like that?

I'm interested ! :cool:

But the 'Stop and Listen' is one of those damn French job :(

Just to be contrary, I have the 'Stop and Listen' NYUSA mono in excellent vinyl condition ! :D

I gave a stereo copy of that to a friend when I got the CD. It was in VG+ or better even though I'dhad it since the '60s. Did I make a financial error?

MG