• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Girl, You Got a Home" is a classic funky tune, I must admit. Oh well, got a good Lacy record and some FMPs out of the trade... I'm not very good about keeping Strata-East records, for some reason. Though if I had Clifford Jordan In the World, I'd probably change my tune...

Now: Prince Lasha Ensemble - Insight - (CBS UK original), a classic recording with Stan Tracey and the great harpist David Snell. Probably my favorite Lasha next to The Cry, and Prince has many fine words to share about the recording... think I posted them somewhere on this board.

:tup:tup

Now: Prince Lasha Ensemble - Insight - (CBS UK original), a classic recording with Stan Tracey and the great harpist David Snell. Probably my favorite Lasha next to The Cry, and Prince has many fine words to share about the recording... think I posted them somewhere on this board.

:tup:tup

On deck later today. :tup

Dizzy Reece - From In to Out (Futura) wonderful modal/free quintet with John Gilmore, Art Taylor, Siegfried Kessler (piano) and Patrice Caratini (bass). H-E-A-V-Y!

That's one record I've been looking for for about 25 years. Passed on a copy at $150 a few years back--guess I should have bought it.

Just finished spinning ESP 1053 -- Frank Wright 5 "Your Prayer"

I listen to this one about once a year.

Edited by Allan Songer

Dizzy Reece - From In to Out (Futura) wonderful modal/free quintet with John Gilmore, Art Taylor, Siegfried Kessler (piano) and Patrice Caratini (bass). H-E-A-V-Y!

That's one record I've been looking for for about 25 years. Passed on a copy at $150 a few years back--guess I should have bought it.

'From In To Out' is being scheduled for reissue on CD by Futura. Should be available very soon!

Pretty good date!

Saw a copy of the original recently. Priced at €30 but it came without its cover!

Good to know, brownie. I just ordered the reissue CD of Hal Singer's Blues and News (Futura SWING-01) as I'd given up on an affordable vinyl copy... almost paid $250 once but ended up not pulling the trigger. It is high time that the entire catalog was properly reissued!

Got lucky with that Reece; I think the only Futura vinyl that I actually paid out for was the Perception, which I like a lot as well.

Allan: surprised to see you spinning Your Prayer - that is a fine ESP session. The group with Noah Howard is my favorite of Wright's, but that second ESP is pretty top-notch.

Theo Loevendie - Stairs! - (Artone original) apparently the first 'proper' Dutch new jazz LP, from '67, with Maarten Altena and Johnny Engels. Engels (and Milford) is who Han Bennink emulated to get his style.

Anyway, it's a great record, and despite being a fairly ratty copy, this one still sounds wonderful.