What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

jeffcrom, paul secor, Chuck Nessa, sidewinder and clifford_thornton,

Thank you very much for your birthday greetings to me. I will certainly play both Jelly Roll Morton and Ornette Coleman at my party.

Of Ornette´s records I have "The Shape of Jazz to Come". I have a little more of Jelly Roll.

Spinning right now: The Gerry Mulligan Quartet - Paris Jazz Fair 1954, Salle Pleyel Concert

Best wishes to you all,

Jóhannes Jónsson

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The MGM soundtrack album of the wonderfully bad movie I watched this past weekend: Get Yourself a College Girl. I decided that I had to have it, since a couple of the best pieces of music in the movie, like "Sweet Rain" by Stan Getz with Gary Burton and "The Sermon" by Jimmy Smith, have inane dialogue over and through them. The lyrics to the title song (sung my Mary Ann Mobley) are so bad that they could be by Spinal Tap:

Get yourself a college girl:

She knows how to love,

And how to live,

And how to love....

And the album reminds me that although the Dave Clark Five got first billing, their demise was no great loss. But The Animals were a tough band! They took their Chuck Berry/John Lee Hooker sources and added a real bad-ass, British working class swagger. Nice!

"Sweet Rain" is on right now. Damn!