• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Porgy and Bess - Miles Davis - This is the mono version on the Columbia label.

There is a note at the bottom of the back cover that reads:

This Columbia high fidelity record is scientifically designed to play with the highest quality of reproduction on the phonograph of your choice, new or old. If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future.

I remember thinking at the time, aside from saving $1, because stereo was a dollar more at the time, and I'm not a millionaire.....................WHEW!! :D

Edited by patricia

This Columbia high fidelity record is scientifically designed to play with the highest quality of reproduction on the phonograph of your choice, new or old. If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future.

I remember thinking at the time, aside from saving $1, because stereo was a dollar more at the time, and I'm not a millionaire.....................WHEW!! :D

And they were telling the truth!

And they were telling the truth!

Indeed. :D

Thanks. Yes, one of the few that really lives up to the hype. I prolly paid a little bit more than I should have but I'm happy w/ it and that's all that matters. Hopefully my kid won't need braces ....

I almost had a heart attack though when I was playing it for the first time. I was at work and I couldn't wait to take it home so I went over to the music library and played it on one of their decks. Unfortunately, somebody had messed with the anti-skate setting and the needle went riiiiiiiiiiiiight across the the first side. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Thankfully it didn't do any audible/visual damage.

Ricardo Dias / Peter Epstein / Joao Paulo: Nascer

434266.jpg

It took me several years to warm up to this recording. I find it amazing that my tastes change over time. I have to chalk it up to better/more intense listening and a more developed sense of harmony and rhythm.

Edit: Wrong thread...I didn't see that this was for Vinyl. I have it on CD.

Edited by Drew Peacock

I would definitely say that it is worth extending the usual fiscal parameters to get this one. A gem !

I prolly paid a little bit more than I should have but I'm happy w/ it and that's all that matters. Hopefully my kid won't need braces ....

Don't tell me about it.. ;)

I feel you there. I lucked out big time with my copy price-wise but have more than made up for it since!

That ones's pretty crazy - Gary Windo etc. Hevn't dug it out for years !

Carla Bley - European Tour 1977 - (Watt)