What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Kenny Wheeler - Gnu High - (ECM, US pressing)

Definitely my favourite "Keith Jarrett as sideman" performance !

How is the US ECM pressing quality? I have a couple of Canadian pressings (e.g. a copy of Priester's 'Polarization') and the sound isn't quite as good as German pressings, a bit more noise.

Edited by sidewinder

• Replies 55.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael J. Smith - Totality (Red). Beautiful, introspective improvising from an interesting guy. I never really thought of him as a "jazz" musician (and I played with him for a year), but there is a great "Angel Eyes" here on which he shows that he knows the changes just fine, thank you very much.

Michael J. Smith - Totality (Red). Beautiful, introspective improvising from an interesting guy. I never really thought of him as a "jazz" musician (and I played with him for a year), but there is a great "Angel Eyes" here on which he shows that he knows the changes just fine, thank you very much.

I like what I've heard from him... there's one on Horo (I think) called The Dualities of Man that is pretty interesting. Kent Carter talked a lot about playing in his quartet with Laurence Cook and (IIRC) Claude Bernard.

I like what I've heard from him... there's one on Horo (I think) called The Dualities of Man that is pretty interesting. Kent Carter talked a lot about playing in his quartet with Laurence Cook and (IIRC) Claude Bernard.

Dualities of Man is a good one. He also recorded a double LP for Horo - Elvira Madigan... And Other Dances, with Norwegian saxophonist Knut Riisnaes on some cuts. And among his other albums is an interesting fusion-ish date for Day Eight Music from 1983: All Our Steps. That one has Jonas Hellborg and Michael Shrieve.

My Westbrook is all on CD - the only of his vinyls I've been able to score is Release, which is a nice one, if not a fanatically-priced LP.

Have got all of Mike Westbrook's Derams on vinyl. Like them all - although 'Marching Songs Vol 1 and 2' is perhaps not one to spin when you've got visitors. 'Release' is fairly rare I think. The 'Tyger' on RCA is probably his rarest title. Hope to be checking out his and Kate's 'Village Band' in the next month or so - they're fairly local !

Edited by sidewinder

My Westbrook is all on CD - the only of his vinyls I've been able to score is Release, which is a nice one, if not a fanatically-priced LP.

Have got all of Mike Westbrook's Derams on vinyl. Like them all - although 'Marching Songs Vol 1 and 2' is perhaps not one to spin when you've got visitors. 'Release' is fairly rare I think. The 'Tyger' on RCA is probably his rarest title. Hope to be checking out his and Kate's 'Village Band' in the next month or so - they're fairly local !

Never seen Tyger before. Looks interesting... though I probably listen to Love Songs the most, my eyes are often peeled for a clean set of Marching Song LPs.

Never seen Tyger before. Looks interesting... though I probably listen to Love Songs the most, my eyes are often peeled for a clean set of Marching Song LPs.

Collaboration with Adrian Mitchell for an early 70s spoken voice/musical production - the first 'William Blake' themed work of these two. Goes for fairly big bucks.