What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Looks like I had/have a drive belt tension issue - have got it to play at 45rpm and it's damn good. Messengers-ish afro instrumental number on side 1, vocal track and straight-ahead instrumental number on side 2. Almost like a Tempo EP. Short but sweet !

Can you post a link to where I can buy this in the US, assuming there are any left?

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Berlin Contemporary Jazz Orchestra' (ECM)

How is that LP?

Looks like I had/have a drive belt tension issue - have got it to play at 45rpm and it's damn good. Messengers-ish afro instrumental number on side 1, vocal track and straight-ahead instrumental number on side 2. Almost like a Tempo EP. Short but sweet !

Can you post a link to where I can buy this in the US, assuming there are any left?

You can't. Direct from Trunk only.

Johnny Hodges/Wild Bill Davis: Con-Soul Sax. I needed some music that was tasty, but kind of mindless - this fit the bill. I have a German RCA pressing of this. The inner sleeve is pretty funny - it seems to imply that James Last has the only band in Germany, and if you want your party to be a success, you'd better have several of his albums on hand.

Bill Russo - Seven Deadly Sins (Roulette mono). Austere and beautiful.

I had high hopes for this record when I picked it up, but it failed to deliver, and came off as pompous and dull. IMHO, of course.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the liner notes, though, where they talk about Bill Russo wearing Brooks Brother suits and sipping cognac while reading Proust and listening to Bach. He's like Don Draper in Madmen, except that he doesn't have a wife and kids (as far as the liner notes are concerned, at least).

'Berlin Contemporary Jazz Orchestra' (ECM)

How is that LP?

Very good. Side 1 is clasic Kenny Wheeler orchestral - could have equally been played with his ownUK orchestra. Side 2 a bit more free form - Misha Mengelberg, again quite distinctive of his style. Nicely played and great sound.

TTK, Trunk does ship to the US.

Do a search on Trunk Records and you'll find the site. Go to 'Ye Olde Trunkeshoppe' for the EP. Viewer discretion advised for the 'Derek's Dirty Dishes' area. :D

TTK, Trunk does ship to the US.

I spun some Enoch Light today and thought of you. It was good!

:lol:

My favorite Enoch Light albums are on Project Three. "Spaced Out," featuring groovy now sound versions of Beatles, Bach and Bacharach, with moog; and "Permissive Polyphonics," another sampling of today's hits and featuring moog. The version of "Marakesh Express" is pure bliss.

Of the earlier Command albums, I really like his crime jazz album "The Private Life of a Private Eye," later reissued as "Paperback Ballet."