I bought a House!!!

My wife and I just bought a three bedroom house in West Seattle. Over the holiday weekend I put in a new front door, ripped up the carpet, pulled out all the tacking strip and staples, painted the inside, packed all our belongings and moved. I am exhausted, discombobulated and broke.

Gotta love the American dream. :g

Whew! You had me nervous for a second... :unsure:

Anyway, what a trip! The real estate market in Seattle is brutal. We lucked out and found a nice house in a great neighborhood within our price range. But it was a check the internet everyday for new listings, go with realtor to look at it as soon as it’s listed, get there and find 5 couples already looking at it, make an offer ASAP, put escalation clauses in the offer, try to meet with the seller to put on the charm. It was hard, REALLY HARD! Anyway, it’s all done now and we got a backyard with lots of trees and a fountain in it. B)

This is our first house. I never thought I’d be in a position to own one, but here I am. Life ain't so bad. :)

You'll never run out of things that need to be done around the house- I've had a house for 12 years and it never, ever, ever stops. But it is nice to have a yard, etc. and the tax deduction is very nice(beats renting!)

CONGRATULATIONS, JOHNNY E

:party::party::party::party::party::party:

P.S. I liked the Reptet disc- some tasty music on there- is a second one in the works?

You'll never run out of things that need to be done around the house- I've had a house for 12 years and it never, ever, ever stops. But it is nice to have a yard, etc. and the tax deduction is very nice(beats renting!)

CONGRATULATIONS, JOHNNY E

:party::party::party::party::party::party:

P.S. I liked the Reptet disc- some tasty music on there- is a second one in the works?

Thanks Philly,

This house will need some work, but I'm itchin' to get started. I never really cared too much about keeping up the rentals I've lived in. But now that it's mine I'm really in to it. Multiple trips to Home Depot, reading home repair books, checking out home repair web sites. When I take a walk I notice other peoples houses and I say, "oh that's nice, ohhh, good idea I should do that, etc. It's weird.

Glad you liked the Reptet, we go back into the studio in August. My other group Non Grata has its second disc coming out in the fall.

catesta,

With the earthquake threat around these parts, brick house aren't very common or sought after. But I love the look of old brick homes. What year was your house built?

With the earthquake threat around these parts, brick house aren't very common or sought after. But I love the look of old brick homes. What year was your house built?

I've not had to do much to it. The people I bought it from had just re-done the wood floors, cabinets, and bathroom, right before the dude got transferred out of state. :tup

I purchased my house 10 years ago. It was the best decision of my life. The purchase of my own house has been more beneficial to me, in my life, than going to college, having a job, buying Mosaics, etecetera. The house provides a tax shelter, a hobby, a home, a safe haven, an investment... and other things I can't think of at the present moment.

Johnny E, have fun with the new property.

...and we got a backyard with lots of trees and a fountain in it. B)

Wow!!! Congratulations!!! :tup I guess since I own a co-op apartment in NYC, it's the backyard and trees that remain my dream... :wub: Like Dan's Florida backyard with the fruit trees... Sigh!

Have fun, Johnny!

Congrats Johnny!!

It's so tough to get that first home, but after that, it's easier since you build the equity and homes rarely go down in price.

You'll learn some new skills because you realize quick that doing things takes money and someone else doing them takes even more money!!

My wife and I are redoing our kitchen- after seeing the cost to re-tile the floor and hang cabinets- I think we'll try it ourselves.

I never hung cabinets and never tiled a floor.......

BTW- ours was built in 1907.......a certain charm living in an older home.

Luckily my wife's father does tile for a living, and a good friend of mine is a carpenter. They say they'll be helping with the house...we'll see. Shit, I'll do the work if they'll just show me how.

Edited by Johnny E