Organissimo (dry) t-shirt contest

I like the initial design combined with the web adress in the orange circle best.

Could we make the logo available here and have some printed to save on postage etc. - I'd really love to have and wear some, but a hundred bucks is a little too much for my low budget right now. If I take the image on a floppy disk to my local copy shop, he makes me one on a high quality t-shirt for 25 - 30 Euro ... donation to the band not included ....

The hundred bucks is to make sure no one orders one. the final cost will be no where near that expensive.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish & command

Thanks John. That would be my vote. I don't think that's too much text. Very nice design. "Simple" is fine, but the deus design doesn't have much visual appeal to me (especially on the back, where the real opportunity to catch the eye exists).

Here's one that ties organissimo to jazz, for the uninitiated, and also might catch the eye of other jazz fans as well. I don't think the t-shirt needs to mention the forum either. But I would consider making a splashy statement on the home page itself, something like "Home of the World's Greatest Jazz Forums!" or something equally as humble. :D

This is still my favorite.  Simple, bold, striking design.  I think the "forum" additions that came later only clutters it up.  Also, I'd keep the center circle white (or whatever background color the shirt is) and not grey. 

John's initial design was brilliant - let's not screw it up by overthinking it.  ;)

Me too! I do like the black treatment (really pops the orange and periwinkle) of this as well as the 2645 lavender blue. Simple and it tells you where to go if you desire. No pronouncements necessary.

post-2-1087253681.jpg

OrgTee5.jpg

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

Well, since there are no setup fees for that Cafe-something place (the link with the $100 shirts) we could have two or three different designs and you guys could just pick.

Personally, I like the one with the circle on the front and impossible's logo on the back and also couw's original. We could then get white, black, or grey shirts to put those on.

Whaddya think?

I like the initial design combined with the web adress in the orange circle best.

Could we make the logo available here and have some printed to save on postage etc. - I'd really love to have and wear some, but a hundred bucks is a little too much for my low budget right now. If I take the image on a floppy disk to my local copy shop, he makes me one on a high quality t-shirt for 25 - 30 Euro ... donation to the band not included ....

The hundred bucks is to make sure no one orders one. the final cost will be no where near that expensive.

Bill,

What would be your best guess as to the actual unit cost, or are will still too far away to determine? $20.00-$30.00???

Mark

Probably around $20.

That's a pretty good price.

I order somewhere around 1,200-1,500 tee-shirts through out the year for my laborers.

My cost, depending on the style is between $8.00-$10.00 on the average. That is with a small logo on the front and large one on the back.

b3-er -

I would think if you contacted one of your local silk-screening shops you could have them done for quite a bit cheaper, somewhere in the range that catesta mentions.

There is a local custom screen printing shop here that charges $8.00 per shirt (for a 100 white t-shirt order), with a $25 setup fee. That is for a small graphic on the front of the shirt and a large one on the back, both three colors. So 100 shirts would cost $825, and if you sold them for $15 apiece, you gross $1500, net $675.00.

Just a thought...

Couw, nice job! I think I like the retro logo better than the crossword puzzle thing, just because it is easier to read and a little more "hip." If you think I should bump up the point size of the sub-text, I don't have a problem with that at all. I can send you the actual file at 72 dpi, if you would like to take a look.

My one suggestion though would be to move the "retro" logo down a little bit on the back of the t-shirt. It always looks better at the bottom of the shoulder blade. I'm sure the guy running the press will do it justice.

Let's decide on a design, then talk about actual specs and get the shirts on press! Jim, I don't think anyone hear would mind you guys making a little money on this thing! Sign me up for a medium!

The bueaty of CafePress is the lack of up-front costs. Also the shirts are quite nice. I've been using them since they first began and they had some quality problems at first but they fixed those years ago. All of the merchandise comes with a money-back guarentee. Jim does have to fool around with shipping or credit cards or returns, they do most of the labor and Organissimo get a check for the profit.

In addition, by using them we have lots of choices beyond just t-shirts. I sell bass clef stuff there and I sell mostly sweatshirts, clocks and coffee cups. T-shirts are a distant fourth.

Well, that Cafe-place (I can't remember the damn name) has no upfront costs and they make each T-shirt on order. So they charge $16.99 for a shirt. I was going to charge $20 so we can make some money on the deal. Is that cool?

Jim, You guys should be making money off of this.

If your cost is going to be as much as $16.99 per shirt, I would think you would want to charge more.

The bueaty of CafePress is the lack of up-front costs. Also the shirts are quite nice. I've been using them since they first began and they had some quality problems at first but they fixed those years ago. All of the merchandise comes with a money-back guarentee. Jim does have to fool around with shipping or credit cards or returns, they do most of the labor and Organissimo get a check for the profit.

In addition, by using them we have lots of choices beyond just t-shirts. I sell bass clef stuff there and I sell mostly sweatshirts, clocks and coffee cups. T-shirts are a distant fourth.

I can see the attraction, since the order is not based on quanitity.

Just for future reference, I would be happy to talk to my vendor at some time.

I doubt she would require a minimum order (she never has for me) and the set up charge is not much.

Couw, nice job! I think I like the retro logo better than the crossword puzzle thing, just because it is easier to read and a little more "hip." If you think I should bump up the point size of the sub-text, I don't have a problem with that at all. I can send you the actual file at 72 dpi, if you would like to take a look.

My one suggestion though would be to move the "retro" logo down a little bit on the back of the t-shirt. It always looks better at the bottom of the shoulder blade. I'm sure the guy running the press will do it justice.

Let's decide on a design, then talk about actual specs and get the shirts on press! Jim, I don't think anyone hear would mind you guys making a little money on this thing! Sign me up for a medium!

logo moved down the shoulders in the previous post. Myself, I like it better than the crossword puzzle thing as well. the latter would only be suited for the front and even there it looks too cluttered.

I do fear the sub text is too small. The one you posted is just a little under actual size and not easy to read. Maybe a little less text, leave out the "online" and the "/forum" and blow it all up a bit.

How's this