Organissimo (dry) t-shirt contest

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the thread (and the "threads" B) ) are coming along nicely. Just in the interest of stirring up trouble, it seems to me that one popular design (at least with a few of us) has been dropped from the discussion (couw and impossible being the guys doing the design work here, so I understand, but...). To be blunt about it, I think at least a few of us still dig this design (shirt color choices aside):

post-2-1087306408.jpg

Edited by Jim R

as I mentioned before, that design is a bit "unstable." The "www" being longer than the "org" makes it too asymmetric for large size and centre position of the circle, the distance to the border does matter to make it all look fine. And it's "off" here- On the small breast pocket version there is no problem, that one is placed out of centre anyhow. I tried making the "www" shorter and that doesn't look too good as the letters get too slender to fit with the rest; making the "org" longer makes those letters too fat and pulls the "o" out of being a circle. I understand this may all sound like details details details, but I think those are really important if you want to make the big pic look good. It doesn't look good to me; I had my qualms about posting it really, but y'all were so pushy ... ;)

maybe someone can correct this asymmetry, impossible seems to have some more fonts than I do. I'll give it another try but the deadline is tomorrow if I understand correctly.

Who needs what before that deadline??

as I mentioned before, that design is a bit "unstable."

Suits me to a "tee"! :D

Anyway, nothing you just said made any sense to me. :P In other words, I think it looks great. Also, I felt like I was being "pushy" on behalf of a few others, so I don't feel too guilty...

We probably should have had a vote at some point. Oh well, whatever. :)

I agree with Jim R -- that one is still my favorite.

With all due respect couw, I think you are over-analyzing it. I would have never noticed those things unless you had specifically mentioned them. I think it is a very nice design.

I also really like the simple, to-the-point, "JAZZ FORUM" text in the center of the circle. When I look at that design, the two most important things stand out immediately:

• organissimo.org
  • jazz forum

Upright Bill and I are hoping that those are the things people see (and hopefully remember) while we are at the Jazz workshop.

With all due respect couw, I think you are over-analyzing it. I would have never noticed those things unless you had specifically mentioned them. I think it is a very nice design.

I totally dig where couw is coming from. I trained as a visual artist and learned to look at things. :P

Seriously, I do understand the technical aspect of what couw said. Still, it doesn't look that asymmetrical to me, and it seems there should be a solution that would minimize that asymmetry. Could the ".org" text on the upper right be extended just slightly, without it looking awkward? OR, could the design be altered somehow so that both "www's" were going horizontally, and both ".org's" going vertically? There's GOT to be a solution there someplace...

I totally dig where couw is coming from. I trained as a visual artist and learned to look at things.  :P

No problem -- I'll be the first to admit I don't have a clue when it comes to things like that.

I'm just hoping that someone can work in an aesthetically pleasing picture of Geddy Lee somewhere on that shirt. :P;)

I totally dig where couw is coming from. I trained as a visual artist and learned to look at things.  :P

No problem -- I'll be the first to admit I don't have a clue when it comes to things like that.

I'm just hoping that someone can work in an aesthetically pleasing picture of Geddy Lee somewhere on that shirt. :P;)

GOOD LORD, NO!!!

:lol:

good lord, dealing with a crazy public... :lol:;)

I'll see what can be done on the symmetry, I'd hate to have it like this as it really hurts my eyes (been staring at it way too long of course). Haven't heard back on what the set up will be either. Are we going to deliver the three designs and are the tee-shirt people going to take orders on which design goes where? i.e. are these going to be produced ony special order or in bulk numbers?

And more importantly (probably...): where do impossible and couw send their shtuffs?

Edited by couw