dang it

I have a bunch of Mosaic sets ... maybe 20+. Anyway, my kids use them as backboards for their drawings when they are laying on the floor. That is all well and fine, well manageable. This past weekend ... my 8 year old took one of them in the car to be able to draw in the back seat. We get home ... and it is nowhere to be found. I have no idea how it got out of his control ... and I wasn't sure which set he had pulled. So I went home and did a quick inventory and lo and behold it was the Andrew Hill set. Yes, let me repeat that, the Andrew Hill set. aaaaargh!!!

Anyway, I am a nice understanding dad and love my kids more than my Mosaics ... but what a buzz-kill ...

Eric

Hey, Eric, I see you live in Leawood, and I'm in Midtown K.C. -- if you need burns of the Hill set, and photocopies of the linernotes, just say the word. And we oughta hook up anyway, even if you don't.

Geeze, where could the Hill set have gotten to??? Was your car broken into?? Did the kid take it out with him, when you were out of the car somewhere?? Any chance you might check at that Starbucks, or wherever you were, and see if it got left behind by chance???

Man, that sucks. Sure hoping you find it, somehow. Is it around the house somewhere?? Basement?? Garage?? Driveway??

Probably not telling you nothing you haven't already thought of..... :(

Good luck!!!!!! :):) :) :):unsure:

Uh, yeah. I'm sure there are some very benevolent people on this board, but you're not flying out to MO to look for a bunch of cds unless there's some element of self-interest involved. If you found them, it would probably be cheaper than ebay in the end.

Folks,

I have no idea where that box went. I am divorced and had my three darlings for the weekend. We hit about 6 soccer games, McDonalds no less than three times and yes I dragged them to a couple used record stores. I usually don't look in the back seat unless I have to. I did notice it sitting back there as I turned to break up a food fight whilst barreling down the highway. But ... when we got home ... it was gone. Perhaps it was traded it in at Music Exchange (Rooster will know what I am talking about) for a Raffi box set while I wasn't looking ...

Eric

PS - Rooster - thanks for the offer - we will have to hook up some time.

Edited by Eric

Perhaps it was traded it in at Music Exchange (Rooster will know what I am talking about) for a Raffi box set while I wasn't looking...

I got a couple good buddies at Music Exchange. If you like, I could seriously ask if an Andrew Hill box showed up misteriously. When (approximate date) were you there, when the Hill box went bye-bye???

Man, I'd retrace your steps. What McDonalds?? Call them (any and all McDonald's you were at) in the mid-afternoon, when they're not so damn busy, and ask for the manager. Do it ASAP.

Six soccer games?? That's tougher to follow-up on, for sure.

Man, that suck so bad. The Hill box is like the best one of all!!! (Pretend I didn't just say that.)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep my Mosaic CDs filed away with the rest of my collection. The booklets are all on a bookshelf nearby. The boxes themselves (empty, of course) are in the basement. I can see letting my daughter play with the box. I can even see letting her take it in the car, but not with the CDs in it! Yikes!

I hope you find them, Eric.

• 1 month later...