How many of you are too careful with your Mosaics?

wolff

Or too lazy to get them out and play them? I noticed this in myself recently and decided to remedy the situation.

Hopefully, my experience will be of value to all. :D

Every week or so I take a different set and take all the discs out(LP's in my case) and place them in a cleared out spot in my shelves. I now have very easy access to each disc and when I'm done playing one it goes to the end of the line.

It's working great and the Mosaics are getting the playing time they deserve.

BTW It would take me about 3 to 4 months to play them all if I played one disc a day, and I only have 14 sets.

Or too lazy to get them out and play them?

That's the problem I seem to have. It's true of all my boxed sets, which is crazy and stupid because my favorite artists and favorite recordings are the ones that I tend to collect in boxed sets. I don't know if it's "laziness" or "forgetfulness", BTW. I just don't seem to think about the boxes as much, perhaps because of the way things are stored around here. GOT to do something about that, at any rate, so maybe your idea will help. Thanks. B-)

My Mosaics are all CDs, and I just keep the jewel cases with the rest of my CDs, so it's no problem. In fact, I bought a bunch of slimline cases for stuff like my Armstrong, Coleman, Coltrane and Parker boxes, so I could do the same and eliminate this problem. Can't say it's worked that well, but some get more play than they otherwise would.

Or too lazy to get them out and play them? I noticed this in myself recently and decided to remedy the situation.

I am too lazy. expecially with bigger LP sets.

I always think I will have some spare time to listen at them carefully one of these days...

Wolff, I heard some rumors about total embargo of Cuban Cigar in USA, you will have to change your avatar, or your government ;)

Edited by porcy62

Every week or so I take a different set and take all the discs out(LP's in my case) and place them in a cleared out spot in my shelves. I now have very easy access to each disc and when I'm done playing one it goes to the end of the line.

The system may go 't*ts up' if the set in question is Commodore 1-3, Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions, Nat King Cole or Hurricane Maynard.. ;):D

Edited by sidewinder

I've been re-enjoying my Mosaics since I ripped them all (well, CD sets anyway) to my computer and transferred them to my iPod. It's great to shuffle through the entire Jackie McLean set with the click of a button, or randomly select tunes from ANY of my box sets. My ears tire a bit after an entire CD of the Teddy Wilson set, but when I randomly hear a song from that set after something from another set, I'm slightly stunned at how beautiful it is.

This also solves the problem of which CD to pull out and play. I generally tend to play the first CD of a box set more than the others. Now, just select 'Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions' and let the iPod shuffle through all 12 cds. It's quite liberating!

Well, I just moved, so my music collection is in total shambles, but I am trying something new. My box sets were on the bottom shelf of a bookcase and not that convenient. In the new place, I opened up the study by taking the door off the closet, and I am going to put the box sets up on the closet shelf. Now the box sets will be roughly eye level and a bit easier to access, so I do suspect I will play them more.

I feel a little nervous when handling some of mine, especially the Andrew Hill (CDs).

Someone mentioned the Commodore sets. Who has those? :(

I wonder if Uncle Bob found a buyer for the ones that he had for sale recently. I hope that the n'th hurricane didn't get them. Imagine the neighbor's barbecue landing on them (there was a post about someone's neighbor leaving all their stuff loose outside).

I treat the Mosaics no different from the way I treat other albums. With respect and care!

The Mosaics are being listened to pretty often, except for the Commodore boxes which are more complicated to deal with. A pity, there's a lot of unique music inside the three sets.

Aha!

An owner of the 66 Commodore LPs! Maybe you are the only one who could afford them.

Put me down for a set, please, when you transfer them to CDr. :D

The three sets were expensive but at €10 a LP, I thought they were excellent value for money. I have enjoyed them when they came out. And plan to relisten to them often before I become a senile centenarian :P