got this via email, so don't know how true

BERIGAN

SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear

until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious." <

There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance. !

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.

Now........you know everything!

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

They say roses are red and violets are purple

Sugar is sweet and so is maple surple ;)

Well I'm the seventh out of seven sons

My pappy was a pistol

I'm a son of a gun.

(CHORUS)

Dang me, dang me

They oughta take a rope and hang me

High from the highest tree

Woman would you weep for me.

guitar.jpg

it's reassuring to know that berigan's wealth of misinformation is not limited to the world of politics.

a dragonfly in its adult lifestage does indeed live about 24 hours. however, dragonflies have two life stages. the first life stage is the aquatic life stage, or larval form. most of a dragonfly's lifespan is spent in this form. therefore, the actual lifespan of a dragonfly is considerably longer than 24 hours.

a cat's ear has no muscles in it, and is mainly cartilage and skin. the ear's movements are controlled by the auricular muscles.

scientists at plymouth university in england have successfully trained goldfish to push a lever to get food, and -- get this -- to do it at the same hour every day. and the fish remember what they have been taught for months.

fish lack eyelids because they don't need to blink and clean their eyes due to their watery environment. however, some kinds of sharks do have translucent eyelids, or nictitating membranes. they are used in case of attack to protect the eyes from the thrashing animal. sharks that have no nictitating membranes, like the great white, roll their eyes into the back to their heads for protection.

an almond is not a member of the peach family, strictly speaking. however, the peach, apple, pear, quince, cherry, olive, avocado, and hundreds of other cultivated varieties of fruit are members of the rose family, or rosaceae. the almond also belongs this family.

newborns do have kneecaps, they develop about the fourth month of fetal life. they don’t show up on x-ray very well because they’re not ossified, or bony, but made of a cartilaginous material.

winston churchill was born at blenheim palace near oxford on november 30, 1874.

Edited by jazzshrink

an almond is not a member of the peach family, strictly speaking. however, the peach, apple, pear, quince, cherry, olive, avocado, and hundreds of other cultivated varieties of fruit are members of the rose family, or rosaceae. the almond also belongs this family.

both almond and peach actually even belong to the same genus, Prunus, if my botany serves me right.

it's reassuring to know that berigan's wealth of misinformation is not limited to the world of politics.

Dude, I don't know how much more to the point I could be, but as I said....

don't know how true everything is, but interesting

I ain't gonna spend the hours factchecking an email, just posted the mofo..... :rolleyes:

Too bad Canada hasn't had a two dollar bill in about 5 years.

Too bad Naomi Campbell didn't have enough change in her coin purse to cover a measly little $4k dinner. I've got leftover turkey & stuffing for her.

Naomi Campbell bust-up over £2K restaurant bill

November 29, 2004

Naomi Campbell has allegedly been involved in a bust-up over paying the bill in a London restaurant.

The 34-year-old supermodel was eating out with her boyfriend Usher and several friends when she was presented with a £2,000 bill.

But sources claim the catwalk queen was expecting to eat on the house at the swanky eatery Cipriani, co-owned by her ex-lover Flavio Briatore.

A source told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "She was kicking off, saying she wasn't going to pay and that as a personal friend of Flavio she shouldn't have to pay. She looked furious.

"In the end Flavio was called and he told staff to waive the bill.

"All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill."

Nope. From the Dept. of Treasury:

"The vignette on the reverse of the five-dollar bill depicts the Lincoln Memorial. You may be aware that, engraved on that Memorial are the names of the 48 states in 1922, which was the year the Memorial was dedicated. There are engravings of 26 State names on front of the building, which appears on the note vignette. As a result, only 26 of the States appear on the note.

The upper frieze of the Memorial bears the States of Arkansas, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Iowa, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Oregon, Kansas, West Virginia, Nevada, Nebraska, Colorado, and North Dakota. The lower Frieze lists the States of Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, and New York. In addition, the engravings show the abbreviated names "Hampshire" (for New Hampshire) and "Carolina" (for South Carolina). We have no information why the prefixes for these states were not used."

I think alchohol must have been involved.