A.Hill Select!!

keys

Recently I had the pleasure of listening to one of the 3 disc that will make up this upcoming box and i must say that i loved it.The disc I heard included Hill on Piano, Organ,SS,and with a string quartet.Compositions are vintage Hill,with some really fine solo playing by Andrew,Benny Maupin,and Freddie Waits among others.I can't wait until this set hits the streets.

Recently I had the pleasure of listening to one of the 3 disc that will make up this upcoming box and i must say that i loved it.The disc I heard included Hill on Piano, Organ,SS,and with a string quartet.Compositions are vintage Hill,with some really fine solo playing by Andrew,Benny Maupin,and Freddie Waits among others.I can't wait until this set hits the streets.

So who the heck are you, Keys, making that announcement as your first post? B-)

Welcome to the board, maybe you'll continue to share advance word with us? ;)

Is that the material that was on One for One?

If that was spam, he sure nailed his target audience.

Edited by DTMX

• 2 weeks later...

maybe we (old organissimo boarders) should unlist and re register so we could also hear the selcts before they are issued!!!!!!! Two newbies heard it before us........stranger things have happened I'm sure but this is getting way out of hand.

Well, fkimbrough is pianist Frank Kimbrough, and he's good friends w/Andrew Hill... he may have even heard them at the Hill house, for all we know!

maybe we (old organissimo boarders) should unlist and re register so we could also hear the selcts before they are issued!!!!!!! Two newbies heard it before us........stranger things have happened I'm sure but this is getting way out of hand.

Well, fkimbrough is pianist Frank Kimbrough, and he's good friends w/Andrew Hill... he may have even heard them at the Hill house, for all we know!

And if you check his stats, he joined back in May of 2004, so he's hardly a newbie.

Welcome, one and all! I don't know why everyone gets all up and fussy about spam, especially when it pertains to jazz (and specifically Andrew frickin' Hill!)

At least we haven't had spam for cigarettes and russian girls, like the TapeOp board. Those are ridiculous.

so now we're not alowed to make a joke once in a while.........

Yes. That's exactly it. No jokes allowed. Heretofor, any lollygagging, frivilous posts, or humor will not be tolerated and you'll be banned.

So glad that my point was understood loud and clear.

:rolleyes:

Gimme a break. I'm just saying, between this thread and terri's thread about Norah Jones, not to mention cooltrane's "I'm new" thread, when anyone new comes along everyone assumes they are spamming the board and instantly poke fun at them. Not exactly a way to encourage new membership.

Do we really have a big problem with spam on this board? If so, I haven't noticed. How about being a little more kind to the new posters? I was never a big supporter of hazing in college and I'm not now, if you know what I mean.

And no, this isn't directed at anyone in particular so don't get all defensive on me.

so now we're not alowed to make a joke once in a while.........

Yes. That's exactly it. No jokes allowed. Heretofor, any lollygagging, frivilous posts, or humor will not be tolerated and you'll be banned.

So glad that my point was understood loud and clear.

:rolleyes:

Gimme a break. I'm just saying, between this thread and terri's thread about Norah Jones, not to mention cooltrane's "I'm new" thread, when anyone new comes along everyone assumes they are spamming the board and instantly poke fun at them. Not exactly a way to encourage new membership.

Do we really have a big problem with spam on this board? If so, I haven't noticed. How about being a little more kind to the new posters? I was never a big supporter of hazing in college and I'm not now, if you know what I mean.

And no, this isn't directed at anyone in particular so don't get all defensive on me.

Well put, b3-er. I'm glad you said something.

Jim: not shure what you mean by spam in this case? I wasn't making fun of persons did I??

Nevermind....Keep up the good work, it's appreciated from my end!

I wasn't necessarily replying to you or insinuating that you were getting on the guys case. I was originally just pointing out that fkimbraugh is not a newbie since he's been here for almost a year. He just hasn't posted much.

Again, I'm not trying to blackball anyone specifically. It just seems to me that we as a community are not very kind to new posters intially and always seem to assume the worst.