BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

I don't think that I have ordered anything from BMG since I signed up with Your Music two years ago.

I have had 28 Music Points to my credit. A couple of weeks ago I received an email saying that they would expire in March.

So yesterday I ordered the new release of Brasil '66's first album, Herb Alpert Presents. I believe that, although it has long been available in Japan, this is the first US release of this lounge classic.

The summer of '66 was the first time I was allowed to stay up to watch the Tonight Show. One of the first shows I saw had Brasil '66 singing Mais Que Nada. I promptly went out and bought their brand new first album.

I haven't heard it in years. It's packed away somewhere.

My favorite Brasil '66 lineup was the first, which recorded three albums. BMG/Your Music has all three available now. I always liked their second one, Equinox, best. That one had my favorite song on it, Constant Rain.

If you ever like to listen to adult pop, I recommend that you pick up one of these three.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this info on SH forums:

unlimited 5.99 plus free shipping when purchasing 5 or more

J7C9

This is basically getting you the "old" Yourmusic deal, with the added bonus of earning music points with each purchase. It appears to work with box sets too.

It may expire on 11 January, not sure.

Edited by Aggie87

J7C9

This is basically getting you the "old" Yourmusic deal, with the added bonus of earning music points with each purchase. It appears to work with box sets too.

Drat!!! I used the deal before that to load up on Jeff Beck's. If I knew that was coming down the pike I would have waited. Blankety,Blankety,Blankety!!!!!

J7C9

But you could have ordered the Fats Waller box (3-CD) $15.99 and Weather Report box (3CD/DVD) $19.99 with free shipping. (slightly cheaper than yourmusic)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BMG codes, expiration dates unknown?

unlimited 5.99

F7C1, 3, 4

70% off

F7C2

65% off plus free shipping

F7P1, 2, 3, 4

70% off

F7X1, 2

buy 1 get unlimited 0.99

F7X3, 4

--------

I know this code works as of TODAY.

65% off plus free shipping

F7P1, 2, 3, 4

BEST BARGAIN : with this code - VINCE GILL : These Days 4-CD $8.74 w/free shipping

Edited by Tjazz

• 1 month later...

Heads up on some Clearance Items:

Bad Plus - Suspicious Activity $1.99

Bad Plus - These are the Vistas $1.99

Gato Barbieri - Bolivia/Under Fire $1.99

Art Blakey - Drum Suite $1.99

James Carter - Gardenias for Lady Day (SACD Hybrid) $1.99

Regina Carter - Paganini $1.99

Miles Davis - Complete Jack Johnson Sessions $9.95

Miles Davis - Round About Midnight (Legacy 2cd) $3.98

Roy Hargrove - RH Factor Hard Groove $1.99

Stefon Harris - Grand Unification Theory $1.99

Hiromi - Another Mind $1.99

Christian McBride - Vertical Vision $1.99

Jason Moran - Bandwagon $1.99

Danilo Perez - Til Then $1.99

Sonny Rollins - Essential RCA Years $3.98

Kurt Rosenwinkel - Heartcore $1.99

David Sanchez - Street Scenes $1.99

David Sanchez - Travesia $1.99

John Scofield/Mark Anthony Turnage - Scorched $2.99

John Scofield - Up All Night $1.99

Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter $1.99

Cassandra Wilson - Glamoured $1.99

Does anyone have an opinion on the James Carter, Stefon Harris, Christian McBride or Jason Moran?

I've already decided to get the Sonny Rollins.

Bandwagon is my least favorite CD by Moran, though it still has its moments. I think the Harris is pretty good. If you like his other CDs, you'd probably like GUT.

Does anyone have an opinion on the James Carter, Stefon Harris, Christian McBride or Jason Moran?

I've already decided to get the Sonny Rollins.

I like the Christian McBride disc quite a bit, it's very much worth the price! It's got a nice Weather Report cover (Boogie Woogie Waltz), and it has a live video for that track and maybe one other, if I recall right. Solid band - Geoff Keezer, Ron Blake (former Organissimo sideman), and Terreon Gully. I saw them on the tour for this album, and it was a great show.

I don't have the Carter, but the Harris and Moran are also both well worth the price!

• 3 weeks later...

The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions

5 CD Set - $9.95

Code: A7P2

Beef - that set is a clearance item right now, so it's $9.95 regardless of the code. Plus codes don't work for free shipping on clearance items (I don't think), so the JJ box is going to set you back $20.70 plus whatever your tax is. Still a good deal! :cool:

OK, Ag.

I didn't realize they had put that set on the Clearance list - and for that cheap!

So.............nevermind.

+++

Edit: BTW, that code is for 65% off with no shipping/handling charges. Good until 4/18.

Edited by BFrank

• 2 months later...

Tjazz brought this promotion code to my attention on the "Yourmusic.com Corner" thread, but it is such a good code that I believe that it is worthy of further note:

L7P1 - 65% off with free shipping, good until (through???) 7/15

The newly available Dexter Gordon 3-CD Savoy set, "Bopland", costs only $12.24 delivered when purchased with this code.

This is also a great code for purchasing $24.98 and $29.98 2-CD sets, which, with code applied, cost only $8.75 and $10.50 respectively. A number of the Universal "Deluxe Edition" releases (such as Marvin Gaye's, "What's Going On", and James Brown's "Live at the Apollo, Vol.2") are priced at $24.98.

Edited by Edward

• 4 weeks later...