Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack Avenue is back at BMG. I'm happy to see this because the last batch (including a Sean Jones I wanted) didn't last very long at all.

New issues this week include The Hot Club of Detroit and the Legends & Lions series. I liked the two HCD tracks included in Jazz Yule Love II, and I may pick that one up.

New ones:

Sarah Vaughan

Sarah + 2

Hot Club Of Detroit

Hot Club Of Detroit

Joe Williams

A Man Ain't Supposed To Cry

Oscar Castro-Neves

All One

Archie Shepp

Kwanza

I ordered the Joe Williams.

Man. . .I had just gotten the Shepp at TWICE the price. . . ! Silly me. I really dig this cd reissue. It's a collection of odds and ends, but doesn't sound like one to me. . . .I've always dug the lp but my copy has "problems."

Big Wheel started (and quickly deleted) a poll which considered the likely answer. I imagine people who ordered a ton of stuff from yourmusic got to keep the lower rates, while those (like me) who didn't go much beyond 1 cd a month got bumped up.

Guy

I just logged on and I'm still getting $5.99. I'm pretty much a one cd per monther.

When did you guys join?? I joined about 2 years ago when it was still $4.99.

Big Wheel started (and quickly deleted) a poll which considered the likely answer. I imagine people who ordered a ton of stuff from yourmusic got to keep the lower rates, while those (like me) who didn't go much beyond 1 cd a month got bumped up.

Guy

I just logged on and I'm still getting $5.99. I'm pretty much a one cd per monther.

When did you guys join?? I joined about 2 years ago when it was still $4.99.

I've ordered a ton of stuff--well, maybe a half-ton--from yourmusic, but that didn't seem to help. OTOH, maybe the current 5.99'ers ordered a lot more than I did. I think we determined when the price first went up to $6.99 that several people who joined at $4.99 got bumped up to $6.99, so that alone can't be it. Maybe it's a combination of having joined at $4.99 AND havning purchased a ton of stuff. Or maybe it's just the people who own a lot of Sony/BMG stock. :)

• 2 weeks later...

kinda slow lately...

Ella Fitzgerald - The Very Best of the Songbooks: Golden Anniversary Edition (2 cd)

Tony Bennett - Greatest Hits of the 50's

Tony Bennett - Greatest Hits of the 60's

Tony Bennett - Perfectly Frank

Tony Bennett - I Left my Heart in San Francisco

Medeski Martin & Wood - Last Chance to Dance Trance

couple of Replacements reissues

Primus - They can't all be Zingers