• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Stanley Turrentine - The Spoiler

Kenny Drew - Undercurrent

Johnny Griffin - Introducing

Dexter Gordon/Hampton Hawes/Howard McGhee/Barney Kessel - Bopland: The Legendary Elks Club Concert L.A. 1947 (3 cd set)

Madeline Peyroux - Careless Love

Joss Stone - Introducing

Black Sabbath - Dio Years

The Bird and the Bee

Pretty dry well right now...

Enrico Rava - Tati

Joshua Redman Trio - Back East (showing up on the BMG page, not yourmusic yet)

Radiohead - Airbag/How am I driving? ep

A bunch of Elvis Costello remasters (how many times has his catalog been remastered??)

I'm going to add Rava's Tati to my queue unless someone recommends against it.

Anybody have an opinion on that one?

Mostly quiet, sparse, romantic, and whimsical in nature with a few "jagged" pieces throw in for a change of pace. Reminiscent of Miles and Bill Evans without being too derivative. I enjoy it.

A bunch of Elvis Costello remasters (how many times has his catalog been remastered??)

Third time around for now; soon will be seeing the 2-CD deluxe editions from Hip-O. That would make it four times.

But the Hip-O deluxe versions (and I don't think they have been announced for every title; just the debut so far) won't be another remastering. They will be the same masters as the Hip-O singles, with just an extra disc added

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to add Rava's Tati to my queue unless someone recommends against it.

Anybody have an opinion on that one?

Mostly quiet, sparse, romantic, and whimsical in nature with a few "jagged" pieces throw in for a change of pace. Reminiscent of Miles and Bill Evans without being too derivative. I enjoy it.

Stefano Bollani - Piano Solo

Enrico Rava - The Words and the Days

Thanks Sundog. I added Tati to my queue.

But now Aggie says that another Rava is available. Does anyone have an opinion on The Word and the Days?

I've never heard Rava, and I'll pick up one of these two soon, but not both I don't imagine.

I highly recommend Bollani's Piano Solo. I don't listen to it a great deal, but I like it a lot whenever I do. I find that's often the case with my ECMs.

There are a number of things in my queue that I would like to have, but nothing has me on pins and needles waiting for it.

I guess the last ones that I really wanted right now were Donald Fagen's Morph the Cat and Miles' Cellar Door box. And in both cases I can't say they were better than what I normally get. Of course, I haven't heard all of the Miles yet, so I shouldn't judge prematurely.

Edited by GA Russell

I guess the last ones that I really wanted right now were Donald Fagen's Morph the Cat

I need to dig that out again. That was one of my favorite releases last year; probably my favorite Donald Fagen work, as I like it better than anything he did with the Dan. (Didn't say it was better; I just like it more!)