Yourmusic.com corner

Big Al

I had the recent Kenny Cox Conn on order at BMG for the past several months. I'd previously emailed them inquiring about it, and finally got a note from them this weekend cancelling it because "this selection will no longer be available for distribution through our club". :(

Funny thing: I was in the same boat as you, but I cancelled it a few weeks ago. Then I had a free CD come up as a result of accumulated music points. The Cox was still listed, so I added it to my cart. I just checked my account and it shipped on Friday.

I think I got the last one. :unsure:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Mingus

The Millenium Collection: The Best Of Charles Mingus

Nancy Wilson

The Nancy Wilson Show!

Julie London

All Through The Night (Remastered)

Sarah Vaughan

The Divine One (Remastered)

Joe Williams

Everyday I Have The Blues (Remastered)

Edited by jazzbo

Thought I'd share a happy service story.

In early December I ordered the 3 Takacs Beethoven String Quartet sets. I guess between the holiday & getting so much music at once over 30 days passed before I noticed that I had 2 Disc 3s and no Disc 1 in the Late Quartets set. You're supposed to report such things within 30 days, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I sent an email and got a reply in less than 3 days. I was told there was no need to send the old set, that a new one would be sent. It arrived within a week of the email as promised. Nicely done! :tup

I guess between the holiday & getting so much music at once over 30 days passed before I noticed that I had 2 Disc 3s and no Disc 1 in the Late Quartets set.

Have to admit I checked my set (I've had it for almost 3 years) and I'm ok. I've played the set a couple of times but feared I'd been "brain dead" part of the time. :unsure:

I guess between the holiday & getting so much music at once over 30 days passed before I noticed that I had 2 Disc 3s and no Disc 1 in the Late Quartets set.

Have to admit I checked my set (I've had it for almost 3 years) and I'm ok. I've played the set a couple of times but feared I'd been "brain dead" part of the time. :unsure:

:lol: I thought I was getting up to speed on some of the music more quickly than normal. Nothing like a wee bit of repetition!

Thanks for the recs by the way. I just got their Bartok set in the mail today (not from yourmusic - just call my "the fed," as I thought I should inject some cash into the music industry at more old fashioned prices. Having checked out other quartets' versions from the library I have a feeling the Takacs still be a steal on my part.)

:lol: I thought I was getting up to speed on some of the music more quickly than normal. Nothing like a wee bit of repetition!

Thanks for the recs by the way. I just got their Bartok set in the mail today (not from yourmusic - just call my "the fed," as I thought I should inject some cash into the music industry at more old fashioned prices. Having checked out other quartets' versions from the library I have a feeling the Takacs still be a steal on my part.)

If you haven't gotten it yet, you might also want to check out the Takacs' Schubert CD at yourmusic:

http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/Taka...CO_14648_ALBUMS

I haven't heard this CD yet (I have other recordings of these two quartets), but I do have it on order.

Nat King Cole Trio - Transcriptions (3cd)

I waited FOREVER for this to hit the great BMG-Direct Empire, and finally grabbed it somewhere else a year or so after it was originally released. :angry: Makes you wonder why some items like this show up at BMG after they've been out for a couple of years.

If you haven't gotten it yet, you might also want to check out the Takacs' Schubert CD at yourmusic:

http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/Taka...CO_14648_ALBUMS

I haven't heard this CD yet (I have other recordings of these two quartets), but I do have it on order.

Ron, why didn't we go see the Takacs Quartet when Rachel and I came to Philly? :w

January 13, 2008:

Philadelphia Chamber Music Society / 3:00 PM

Haydn Op. 74 No. 2

Bartok No. 5

Beethoven Op. 59 No. 3

pcms

I was checking yourmusic earlier today, and noticed that my queue has been gutted. I had about 20-25 items in there, and now there's only 4.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

I dunno if I should re-add what was taken out, or if it's a glitch they're going to fix.