New Jazz Photo Website!

sheldonm

After months and months of thinking about it and more months actually working on it, I finally have my first web site of jazz photography. The site was actually built by our good friend Africa Brass and what a great job he did! Although I've spent much time photographing many artists over the past dozen years, AB has spent a ton of time over the past few months, weeks and days working on the site to make sure it looks just right. Please take a few moments to check out the site( http://www.marksheldonphotography.com/ ) and let me know what you think (be honest). The site will have several changes over the upcoming months with many additional artists/images/features being added. I realize this could be considered spam by some but I will take my lumps as they come! Thanks for looking and thanks for any feedback you have!

Thanks again to AB (and his wife, for her patience) for lending his talents to the site!

Mark

Edited by sheldonm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both of you guys! :tup:tup:tup It's a beautiful site--both the content (photos) and the design.

And Jeff (now that I know your real name :g ), it's great to see that your inestimable graphics talents are being put to some productive use beyond merely amusing members of this board. ;)

Mark and Jeff,

The site is fantastic! Great work. Wonderful photos and easy navigation.

Thanks for all the kind words and the time taken to view the site (and for the PMs I've received). One of the goals was to make it easy to navigate, as I know it drives me crazy to spend time trying to figure out how to go from page to page on some sites; Jeff follows instructions very well ;) ! I have hundreds (many thousands) of additional photographs to sort through and will be adding more images as time permits. I think AB is a little overworked and underpaid at this time; I'll let him catch his breath :g !

Thanks again,

Mark

I think AB is a little overworked and underpaid at this time; I'll let him catch his breath :g !

don't go lenient on those artsy fartsy internet geek type dudes. Before you know it they will not only be pretentious, but get LAZY too! Keep a tight leash!

.....I've been ridin' him pretty hard for the past few days but I'll keep an eye on him!

Mark

Mark, maybe I missed this, but are you going to sell prints through the site? (And if so, don't let that sleazoid Jeff try to hit you up for a 20% "Web Designer's Commission" on every sale :wacko: )

...I will sell any image on the site but am still working out some things. I have the "print of the month" for sale and am donating a chuck of it to the Jazz Emergency Relief Fund. I will probably have others prints available at a reduced cost without donations....more to come soon!