Which Musical Trend Sucked Worse?

Dan Gould

Which was worse?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alert the media...I'm with Dan on this one. Hair bands suck. At least with the singer songwriter crew, there were some keepers. I don't think I even own any Gordon Lightfoot, but he did some OK stuff.

Up over and out.

Might as well 'fess up that this poll was inspired by my download of Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown". :D

By "hair band" do you mean Twisted Sister (as already mentioned) or. say, Flock of Seagulls or Psychedelic Furs?

If the latter, then I'll admit to a few "hair bands" that I kinda sorta dig; if the former, then they most definitely they sucked worse. :g

By "hair band" do you mean Twisted Sister (as already mentioned) or. say, Flock of Seagulls or Psychedelic Furs?

If the latter, then I'll admit to a few "hair bands" that I kinda sorta dig; if the former, then they most definitely they sucked worse. :g

I thought the term "hair band" was pretty well known, but here's my definition:

Any one of the seemingly hundreds of bands where the band spent more on hair spray and/or makeup than your average Sorority.

having survived both trends and enjoyed neither, i want to point out that, for me, the real culprit, the real musical stain placed on humanity during this dark period of civilization was disco. :tdown

discosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucks

discosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucksdiscosucks

Any one of the seemingly hundreds of bands where the band spent more on hair spray and/or makeup than your average Sorority.

These guys count?

chronology.jpg

having survived both trends and enjoyed neither, i want to point out that, for me, the real culprit, the real musical stain placed on humanity during this dark period of civilization was disco.  :tdown

LIES! ALL LIES!

True, then it sucked. Now it's fun.

having survived both trends and enjoyed neither, i want to point out that, for me, the real culprit, the real musical stain placed on humanity during this dark period of civilization was disco. :tdown

I also have the Rhino Disco Box.

It all falls into the greater category of the "aesthetics of bad taste". If you like disco you also watch the all-time classic, "Plan 9 from Outer Space", again and again and again, and do other silly stuff.

You gotta have some fun.

Cheers!