jazz gigless (almost) again

Soul Stream

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you know someone who can record off the soundboard at a couple gigs.

Pick out a few inspired preformances and make some CDRs.

We buy them up. You sell a few at gigs.

You take the money, get yourself some studio time.

Badda bing badda boom you got yourself a CD.

Now you got something to bring in a little extra dough at gigs, toss around to the big wigs of the music industry and give as Christmas presents to the family.

OK?

So let's have it. I'll set the release date for the live CD for April 5. Advance orders taken now. Cash, check, money order, paypal all accepted.

That should put you in the studio late 2005 / early 2006 (send me your schedule and I'll nail down the date) Release of the studio album summer 2006.

OK, lets get started.

Send some Photos from live performances to AfricaBrass and let him start work on the artwork for the CD cover.

AB, I want a presentation of some rough ideas on my desk by March 8th so get busy!

(By the way, the fee for my career planning services are very reasonable. We can work out the numbers later. But for now, we have a record to make!)

But you forgot, my guitar player just left to go on tour with Bob Dylan! Damn, another setback. We actually just played our last gig this evening since he's leaving. And it was the best turnout ever (guess word travels fast) 

Guitarist are a dime a dozen! B3 masters are a rare breed! You're GOLD baby, GOLD!!

No guitarist means one less plane ticket and the sooner you make the trip!

Edited by scottb

By the way, how convincing am I in this role? This feels really good to me. Barking orders and making things happen. Power baby! Give me POWER!

I'm just kidding of course. If this was FOR REAL I'd make a few late night visits accompanied by a certain "friend" :bwallace: and the next thing you know you'd have an album on Nessa Records, recorded in Alfredson Studios by Jim Anderson with special guest appearances by Jim Sangry, Free For All, Rooster Ties and any other sucker musicians we can track down!

CAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL! :bwallace:

Edited by scottb

Thanks WD, now that I have one copy pre-sold I might have to start thinking about it!.

P.S...I'm down here in Austin... :rfr

Austin aye?? .... You wouldn't happen to know funketeer drummer Les Fisher? He's a long time friend and drum brother...

I don't know Les, but will keep an ear open. I'm always surprised at how many people I don't know in this town! :o:D