anita o'day set

I never thought to check, but mine seem to be OK.

I'm sure Mosaic will be happy to send you the missing disk.

Hope so. I took a picture and will send them a link to it

for verification. I've been lazily moving thru the discs

and got to number 9 and started checking the discs themselves.

Last two discs are marked IX with the same music.

I've been lazily moving thru the discs

and got to number 9 and started checking the discs themselves.

Last two discs are marked IX with the same music.

IX - 9 - you damn intellektules kill me.

The music's so nice, you had to play it twice.

Well, you know, I had to look more than twice

at those Roman numerals before I really got it.

:lol:

Thought it might've been a printing mistake

(which I would've been OK with),

but the music's the same.

Ho, hum...sent a note to Mosaic...

• 2 years later...

Can someone here with the O'Day Verve Mosaic do me a favor?

There was an album with Cal Tjader recorded at three sessions. I have the single CD reissue and the discographical details from the Mosaic website, but in the cause of clearing all details in Tjader's discography, we noticed that:

--- there are timbales played on half of the tracks, but not mentioned in the notes or sources mentioned above. That's Johnny Rae playing them, that's certain, and Wilfredo "Changuito" Vicente, who wasn't credited on the original LP issues, plays congas. Is there any mention of timbales in the session notes of the Mosaic booklet?

--- The original liner notes say Tjader swapped roles with Johnny Rae on some tracks, returning to his first instrument, the drum set. Does the Mosaic mention that? Tjader is credited for also playing drums on the Verve CD reissue, without specifying tracks.

The easiest would be if someone could scan the respective passages from the Mosaic booklet and e-mail them to me.

Thanks a lot in advance - you'll be credited in the disco when it goes online later this year - the Tjader biography a friend of mine is working on should be finished at the end of this year as well, so your help will be greatly appreciated!

Can someone here with the O'Day Verve Mosaic do me a favor?

There was an album with Cal Tjader recorded at three sessions. I have the single CD reissue and the discographical details from the Mosaic website, but in the cause of clearing all details in Tjader's discography, we noticed that:

--- there are timbales played on half of the tracks, but not mentioned in the notes or sources mentioned above. That's Johnny Rae playing them, that's certain, and Wilfredo "Changuito" Vicente, who wasn't credited on the original LP issues, plays congas. Is there any mention of timbales in the session notes of the Mosaic booklet?

--- The original liner notes say Tjader swapped roles with Johnny Rae on some tracks, returning to his first instrument, the drum set. Does the Mosaic mention that? Tjader is credited for also playing drums on the Verve CD reissue, without specifying tracks.

The easiest would be if someone could scan the respective passages from the Mosaic booklet and e-mail them to me.

Thanks a lot in advance - you'll be credited in the disco when it goes online later this year - the Tjader biography a friend of mine is working on should be finished at the end of this year as well, so your help will be greatly appreciated!

There is no mention of timbales either in the discographical section or in Will Friedwald's liner notes. Johnny Rae is listed on drums only, and Vicente on conga is credited for the 2nd & 3rd sessions. Tjader is shown on vibes only. Also checked Ruppli's Verve discography - no mention of timbales there, either.

She actually recorded music? According to Ken Burns' "Jazz", Anita O'Day's claim to fame was her drug habit. Well, well, well, just goes to show you that one can't believe everything one sees on TV.

Burns also told us of Stan Getz's arrest for attempting hold up a drug store. Elsewhere I heard that he had some ability as a saxophonist. :mellow: