7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they look like science fiction!

Yeah, I'm sure that's the point...for anyone that doesn't recognize Giger, these images might help:

Oh yeah...they're classic. Who can forget Work 219: Landscape XX?

You post a link to a graphic Shawn, I'm not gonna do it. :party:

The guitars look a cooler than most guitars with graphics on 'em. :tup

Edited by 7/4

2 6v6s, a 5y3, a 6sl7 and a 6sn7 (those last two are old octals) -

even weirder is my Knight amp (a rebuilt PA from the 1940s, I think):

2 6v6s, a 6z7 (good luck finding more of these); a 6J7 and a 5Z3 -

I won't be.

You might.

• 3 weeks later...

Went into Elderly Instruments today... feeling some guitar lust right about now. :ph34r:

Tell us about it.

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/40U-4400.htm

I actually went to Elderly around 2004 to scope out a Hofner Verythin (Classic, iirc). Based on what I had read, it seemed like the guitar for me. The one they had didn't feel right, however. I ended up buying a Jazzica Custom instead, which has been a good archtop. Well, Saturday afternoon I stopped in with no agenda, grabbed the pictured guitar off the wall, and it said, "Take me home!". :winky: First I have to try it through an amp - Saturday afternoon is not a good day to venture in the amp room, what with all the wannabe masters of metal in there wanking away.

So, hmmm. I've got an Ibanez, a Stromberg, and a flight case that I can sell....

Edited by Joe G

Went into Elderly Instruments today... feeling some guitar lust right about now. :ph34r:

Tell us about it.

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/40U-4400.htm

I actually went to Elderly around 2004 to scope out a Hofner Verythin (Classic, iirc). Based on what I had read, it seemed like the guitar for me. The one they had didn't feel right, however. I ended up buying a Jazzica Custom instead, which has been a good archtop. Well, Saturday afternoon I stopped in with no agenda, grabbed the pictured guitar off the wall, and it said, "Take me home!". :winky: First I have to try it through an amp - Saturday afternoon is not a good day to venture in the amp room, what with all the wannabe masters of metal in there wanking away.

So, hmmm. I've got an Ibanez, a Stromberg, and a flight case that I can sell....

Man, I can understand the temptation! Dang... sweet looking axe. Hmmmmm....I'm in town on Wed, you might want to grab it before then...;)

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with loopers?

I have been looking at the BOSS RC-2, but keep hearing that I should stay away from a single-pedal looper - too complicated.

So, that leads me to the BOSS RC-20XL and the DigiTech JamMan - both bigger and more expensive than I was looking for.

I'm conFUSED.

I have been looking at the BOSS RC-2, but keep hearing that I should stay away from a single-pedal looper - too complicated.

So, that leads me to the BOSS RC-20XL and the DigiTech JamMan - both bigger and more expensive than I was looking for.

I'm conFUSED.

I used a Boss RC-20 for a lot of years. Terrible sound quality but very useful as a practice tool.

I'm conFUSED.

I used a Boss RC-20 for a lot of years. Terrible sound quality but very useful as a practice tool.

I have one, but I didn't use it much. Yes, terrible sound quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through that twice last year...I came home and started calculating how much equipment to sell

to buy a new guitar - and then didn't do it!

BTW I did get that guitar. It's fuckin' sweet. :winky: