The guitar corner

7/4

WHATEVER....you're opinion and that's all it is.

Yes, it's my opinion...did I indicate it was anything OTHER than my opinion?

Maybe instead of just replying with the 14 year old response "WHATEVER", you might elaborate your opinion.

You tell 'im Shawn. I'll hold him while you hit him. :lol:

I think Trower's great. He's not a Jazz guy, but a real great blues rock guitarist. One of the few we still have left.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone use multi-effects boxes?

I'm looking at the Digitech RP90 ($100) and RP250 ($150).

Also, the Zoom G1 ($80) and G2.1U ($170).

Both of the higher end versions have USB connections that let you modify your effects on the PC.

FWIW, I'm leaning towards the RP250.

Anyone use multi-effects boxes?

I'm looking at the Digitech RP90 ($100) and RP250 ($150).

Also, the Zoom G1 ($80) and G2.1U ($170).

Both of the higher end versions have USB connections that let you modify your effects on the PC.

FWIW, I'm leaning towards the RP250.

I've used the RP90 and it's "okay", some effects are good but it's cumbersome to edit and save changes. I've heard good things about the Line 6 POD effects, though I haven't had a chance to play around with them. Guitar Center has racks of these things set up so you can test drive them, I'd try them out before purchasing them.

Just the thing for those intimate gigs playing standards in a candle lit venue...

000042301.jpg000042302.jpg

Bell Custom Guitars Introduces the JazzBlaster Deluxe

August 6, 2008

Mansfield-based Bell Custom Guitars announces a new addition to it's custom line of hand-built guitars—the JazzBlaster DeLuxe. The JazzBlaster Deluxe is uniquely designed with a maple and acrylic fused body and an LED illumination system.

The JazzBlaster DeLuxe features hand-wound Amalfitano P90 pickups, a string-though-body bridge design, and a one-of-a-kind LED illumination system that lights up the acrylic portion of the guitar. The distinctive lighting makes the DeLuxe stand out whether programmed to cycle through red, amber, blue or green colored LEDs, or remain constantly lit.

Bell Custom Guitars are meticulously handcrafted one at a time by Don Bell, Quality, value, and expression are the cornerstones on which Bell Custom Guitars are built. Fusing creative design with the finest quality wood and acrylic, each guitar is a creation that looks, feels and sounds as unique as the artist who plays it.

The JazzBlaster DeLuxe is priced as shown from $3,100.00 and may be customized to suit personal preferences including electronics, hardware, and paint.

I used to own one of these - a Valco Airline, but mine was labeled a Supro.

ValcoAirline1.jpgValcoAirline2.jpg

I didn't have the snazzy amp in a case. I traded off the guitar for a Premiere 90 spring reverb that I still own. Dumb move.

Check out the distinctive headstock.

ValcoAirline4.jpg Amazing. Look at the detail. :lol:

Edited by 7/4

One of my local stores has one of these for sale, a Teuffel Birdfish, currently owned by David Torn. Pricey at $10,000+, it looks strange, but plays like a dream. I didn't bother to plug it in - maybe next time, but I did play it a bit. Very comfy to play sitting down, I just don't like the color, but boy howdy it looks cool!

photo1_0960e-Original.jpg

Photo2_1e760-Original.jpg

This was was owned by David Torn and played on a number of his recordings. They are impossible to get now so, don't snooze on this rare opportunity to own one of the world's foremost electric guitars. Can I call it a solid body? I don't really know! Comes complete with road case, extra tone bars and pickups.

Billy-Gibbons.jpg