The guitar corner

7/4

Now that's a cool-looking amp (the Turser) - apparently sounds as good as it looks, huh?

My Spider is 15w. I'm not an amp expert or connoisseur by any means. When I bought it, I just wanted something small for apartment-playing purposes. Was planning on getting a Fender or Marshall (yes, they make small ones, too), but the salesguy at GC talked me into this for $100. I'm fine with it. Has several effects options, as well, which I wasn't even looking for but glad I have them now.

Spider3-15.jpg

I've heard the slightly larger Line 6 amps in clubs and they sound pretty nice to me. Of course, it depends on the skill of the musician too, but I was pretty impressed with what I heard.

I've been playing guitar almost forty years now and drums for eighteen years.

I'm not a collector of instruments or a big proponent of effects, so here's what I have.

Yamaha FG 160 that I bought brand new in 1973.

'67 Fender Telecaster I bought used from a guy along with a '66 Fender Vibro Champ ($175.00 for both) in 1976.

D.O.D. Compressor

MXR Distorion +

Cry Baby Wah Wah pedal

Coricidin Bottle for slide that I've had since 1974.

Brass slide

and my new baby (bought it yesterday)

Taylor315ceAcousticElectricGuitar00.jpg

Taylor CE315 acoustic (2003 model I bought used)

Edited by six string

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that's a cool-looking amp (the Turser) - apparently sounds as good as it looks, huh?

My Spider is 15w. I'm not an amp expert or connoisseur by any means. When I bought it, I just wanted something small for apartment-playing purposes. Was planning on getting a Fender or Marshall (yes, they make small ones, too), but the salesguy at GC talked me into this for $100. I'm fine with it. Has several effects options, as well, which I wasn't even looking for but glad I have them now.

Spider3-15.jpg

For the money and the unbeatable price, the Jay Turser is by far one of the finest amps I've heard and I've heard plenty of them. I've been playing for 18 years and most of that time I played a big amp. Not anymore! I'm done with the big amps. I'm selling mine.

Edited by bluemonk

Here the amplifier I currenty use:

classic-25rc.jpg

It's only 25-watts and has a 10" Celestion speaker in it. It's a very nice sounding amp. Sounds great clean or distorted, which is rare in any kind of amp. It is also a very cheap amp. I only gave $160 for it. It also has chorus and a nice spring reverb built into it, but I really don't need either of these since I use my Lexicon for reverb.

That's a sweet lookin' amp!

Yeah it's a great sounding amp. I'm going to buy another one have it set-up in stereo, which will be sweet.

A guitarist I've been really enjoying lately is Nguyen Le. He composes some really great melodic music. He's got a very Asian/Orient feel to his playing. Anyone else here dig him?

nguyen_le_05_longiano2006.jpg

That kind of question belongs in the artist folder.

I wonder what kind of guitar that is?

Have you guys seen the Moog Guitar yet? This video is frickin' cool and it has Joe's homeboy Fareed Haque in it.

http://moogmusic.com/moogguitar/?section=p...roduct_id=21129

Yeh, I saw the videos.

The sustain feature looks interesting, but that's a very expensive guitar. Sounds like an ebow.

They seem to forget about Michael Brook (Eno, U2, solo albums), who made guitars like this a while back, but never made a production model.

It's strange to see Andre from Project/Object (Zappa rep band) pop up in the video. He's from NJ, but I think he moved to Florida. I know him, used to see him in the audience at all sorts of fusion/progrock gigs.

I don't know, but it looks pretty cool. Might be my kind of player, but who knows? I'll check him out sometime.

Nguyen Le has a web site. According to his web site, he plays with some pretty heavy Jazz cats.

The guitars are made by http://www.juliengendre.com/. He makes some interesting looking guitars, but there's a bit of a language barrier for me.

I don't know, but it looks pretty cool. Might be my kind of player, but who knows? I'll check him out sometime.

Nguyen Le has a web site. According to his web site, he plays with some pretty heavy Jazz cats.

The guitars are made by http://www.juliengendre.com/. He makes some interesting looking guitars, but there's a bit of a language barrier for me.

Nguyen Le is one of my favorites. He has a very original sound. Very strong Vietnamese influence in his playing, which I really dig.

Walking On The Tiger's Tail Lineup

Le_Nguyen_05_by_Rolf_Kissling_B04.jpg

From Left To Right: Jamey Haddad - percussion, Art Lande - piano, Nguyen Le - guitar, guitar synthesizers, Paul McCandless - English horn, oboe, saxophones, bass clarinet

Edited by bluemonk

I can't believe that I have just gotten around to setting up my amplifiers for stereo. I had the capablity to do it for a long time, but I don't why I just didn't go ahead an do it. Man, I can't go back now!

Is anyone else here setup in stereo?

My setup is very similar to Bill Frisell's and Ben Monder's because I'm running stereo from my Lexicon reverb unit.

Jazzbo's Telecaster is S-W-E-E-T!!!! Man, what an easy guitar to play!

Yeah man, I'll bet it's nice. I love my Teles, although I'm not really playing them now. I really like the neck pup clean and they seem to have more treble and bass than a Strat.

Edited by 7/4

Yeah man, I'll bet it's nice. I love my Teles, although I'm not really playing them now. I really like the neck pup clean and they seem to have more treble and bass than a Strat.

Yeah......"clean"....that pretty much describes the Tele - neck OR bridge. I love it!

Yeah......"clean"....that pretty much describes the Tele - neck OR bridge. I love it!

My Tele has the Fender "Humbuckers" -- clean and bright, different than your pickups though.