features a top that is hand-carved from graduated spruce, and

hand-carved back and sides made from highly flamed maple. The

Loar LH-600 also features a hand-buffed, vintage tobacco sunburst

finish with nitrocellulose lacquer for superior acoustic projection, a

one-piece mahogany, Gotoh tuners and a compensated adjustable ebony

bridge. With

its exceptionally loud tone, carved body and vintage design, this new

archtop took the NAMM show by storm this past January. Jazz players and

archtop enthusiasts will love this professional model.

Features:

• Solid Select Carved Spruce Top
  • Solid Flamed Maple Back & Sides
  • Arched Top and Back
  • Rosewood Fretboard
  • Hand-buffed Nitrocellulose finish
  • Adjustable Ebony Bridge
  • D'Addario Round Wound Strings
  • Fully Bound Body Neck, Headstock
  • Gotoh Tuning Machines
  • Total Length: 41.25
  • Body length: 20
  • Lower Bout: 16
  • Upper Bout: 11.75
  • Depth: 4
  • Comes with Custom Case

Edited by 7/4

Yeah!

That blond/natural finish is beautiful.

Here's the description from the dealer:

Rare Blonde ES-150, none are listed in the factory production tables, however, here it is, all original instrument with a strong P-90, gorgeous highly flame'd sides, 17 inch lower bout, manly 1 3/4 neck, old rock solid neck set, comes with a gretsch style period hardshell

$3,850.00

vintage%20gibson%20sg%20guitars%20with%20vintage%20marshall%20amps%202.jpg

Wish this was a picture of my living room. :crazy:

Perfect for the musician totally into Clapton/Bruce Cream!

I think it's time for me to do a little vintage guitar shop safari, it's been a while.

One of these days I'm going to get one of these, I've seen a few show up online used for around $500. I'm not sure if I want the drop 6 model, there is also a standard model which might be preferable. The Drop 6 version is designed to stay in tune even if you tune down as far as B or A. (I tend to use Drop C# tuning usually)

RGXTTD6.gif

RGXTTD6

Ty Tabor Signature Guitar/Drop 6

The RGXTTD6 boasts the same features as the RGXTT Ty Tabor Signature guitar, with the addition of Yamaha's new proprietary design known as Drop 6. This slightly longer scale length of 26 1/4" is perfect for players that demand ultra low tuning.

Edited by Shawn

One of these days I'm going to get one of these, I've seen a few show up online used for around $500. I'm not sure if I want the drop 6 model, there is also a standard model which might be preferable. The Drop 6 version is designed to stay in tune even if you tune down as far as B or A. (I tend to use Drop C# tuning usually)

RGXTTD6.gif

RGXTTD6

Ty Tabor Signature Guitar/Drop 6

The RGXTTD6 boasts the same features as the RGXTT Ty Tabor Signature guitar, with the addition of Yamaha's new proprietary design known as Drop 6. This slightly longer scale length of 26 1/4" is perfect for players that demand ultra low tuning.

Probably will need an OEM case for that one with that long scale neck!

Well, my Explorer isn't exactly "easy" to find a case for! All I have is a specially made gig bag, never found a hard shell case it would fit comfortably in (at least not an affordable one).

So this would actually qualify as a baritone guitar?

Well, my Explorer isn't exactly "easy" to find a case for! All I have is a specially made gig bag, never found a hard shell case it would fit comfortably in (at least not an affordable one).

I always thought that a generic rectangular case for a Strat would fit, but then, I never really had to shop for one.

So this would actually qualify as a baritone guitar?

I guess so. They're just discussing a drop D tuning. I guess for it to be

truly baritone, it would have to be all tuned down, like B-E-A-D-G-B.

It's longer scale than a Strat (25" and change)

Your guitar: This slightly longer scale length of 26 1/4" is perfect

other examples from MusiciansNotYourFriend:

the ESP LTD SC-607B 7-String Baritone Electric Guitar: 27" baritone scale

Fender Baritone Special HH: Its 27" scale length allows it to be tuned B, E, A, D, F#, B

Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack Guitar: 26-1/2" scale

Ibanez MMM1 Mike Mushok Signature Baritone Electric Guitar: 28" scale mahogany/purplewood neck

Edited by 7/4

I always thought that a generic rectangular case for a Strat would fit, but then, I never really had to shop for one.

They are too long for regular cases by a good couple inches (it's the "fin" on the top that makes it so long). It actually doesn't fit exactly in the gig bag I have (the zipper won't close all the way) because mine is an E2 which is evidently just a tad longer.

expl76bk.jpg

Thanks for the explanation of the baritone scale length. So that Yamaha is somewhere in-between. I can get my guitar to stay in tune but only as low as "C" and that requires me to use heavier gauge strings than I normally like. I actually buy those hybrid string sets with a heavier gauge string for just the low E.

Came very close to buying a baritone guitar last year. I think it was a Tacoma. Limited application, and some serious finger stretching (even with my long fingers), but they sure do sound cool.

I guess so. I never really understood what it was good for, it invades the range of the bass.

Came very close to buying a baritone guitar last year. I think it was a Tacoma. Limited application, and some serious finger stretching (even with my long fingers), but they sure do sound cool.

I guess so. I never really understood what it was good for, it invades the range of the bass.

If you don't have a bass player in the band, then it might be pretty useful to have one, so you can play in that range. Think about the Paul Motian Trio that features Bill Frisell on guitar. I would like to hear Frisell play the baritone, so he could round out their sound a little more, but I think he does a fine job with just electric guitar.