What's next on your YourMusic.com queue?

GA Russell

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This week is the first anniversary for most of us signing up for Your Music! I don't remember who it was who posted the news about its $4.99 offer, but I thank him!

My selection this month is Monk with Coltrane at Carnegie Hall.

I held off on getting this one because I felt that the chances were pretty good that I would be given it for Christmas. As it turned out, I wasn't; but Your Music, which you knew would get it sooner or later, got it in right on time!

I remember on the thread for the album that Chuck said that he had been told that Blue Note had set a sales target of 100,000 copies. I wonder how close they are. That seemed like an impossible figure at the time, but it has been a best seller at the websites and on the Billboard jazz chart, so now that Your Music, is carrying it, I imagine 100,000 is within reach.

• 4 weeks later...

Paul Motian has received a great deal of press lately, so for my next one I thought I would go with...

Paul Motian/Bill Frisell/Joe Lovano - I Have the Room Above Her

A lot of people liked it last year, and I'm curious about it. I'm a little bit skeptical, thinking that it would be better with a bass.

• 1 month later...

My pick for this month is Vijay Iyer - Reimagining.

A few weeks ago I started a thread asking about this album, and as you can see there were not many responses but all of them were positive:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...5&hl=Vijay+Iyer

Your Music has allowed me to try a few current acts like EST and The Bad Plus just to see what all the fuss is about without spending serious money. So I'm happy to try another one, just to see.

My pick for this month is Vijay Iyer - Reimagining.

A few weeks ago I started a thread asking about this album, and as you can see there were not many responses but all of them were positive:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...5&hl=Vijay+Iyer

Your Music has allowed me to try a few current acts like EST and The Bad Plus just to see what all the fuss is about without spending serious money. So I'm happy to try another one, just to see.

i just got the iyer from yourmusic. you will like it i'm sure!

:tup

• 1 month later...

My pick this month is Gabor Szabo's The Sorcerer.

When I was in high school in the 60s, most record stores had only a token jazz section, with less than fifty albums. Of these, many were current Impulse! and Verve releases. As a result, I remember that Szabo's Impulse albums were always there, although I have no idea if there was a market for them.

This will be my first Szabo album, although I have a Skye compilation with a couple of his sides on it. I see that it got a good review in the AMG quote at the Your Music site, so I thought I would give this one a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently received from the queue: Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come.

Next in the queue is Jackie McLean - Right Now!

But straight from the cart, I just ordered two from Andrew Hill: Judgment! and Andrew!!

Edited by gdogus

Well...three orders later and I'm still waiting for the Miles Seven Steps box set. It immediately goes on backorder when you place the order...but they still have it listed on the site. But it's pissing me off that I've been trying to get it for months now with no success.

Aside from that, been plugging alot of holes in my collection. Really been enjoying the Verve Jam Sessions box, the Miles Cellar Door Sessions and all the RVG's that I couldn't afford any other way.

Edited by Shawn