What's next on your YourMusic.com queue?

GA Russell

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1/7 queue selection (Johnny Griffin "The Congregation") shipped a couple of days ago, and I was billed $6.99 + tax. Website has been showing that price for me since 1/1.

I've never had any problems with late or damaged shipments, though their packaging for multidisc shipments seems weird: the boxes have always had manually scotch-taped tears/seams.

Just logged in (still 5.99!) to check.

So what's your secret? :huh:

I think they were afraid of all the money they'd lose if I quit because of a hike!

Hmmmmmmm . . . . . . . I just tried logging in as "Lonson Jazzbo" to see what would happen, and the price went up to $8 .99/disc! :blink:

6.99 here as well. As I stated in a previous thread, I ordered 3 Arthur Rubinstein discs about a month ago. The week prior to Christmas, I received the order obviously opened with only 1 disc intact. Since I work for the post office I immediately returned the discs with an explanation and to reship the order. Still nothing. I emailed them last night and have yet to receive a response. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon! Interesting enough, two subsequent purchases have been thoroughly taped. Maybe these guys have been getting an earfull of complaints about missing discs? In the meantime, lined up in my queue for next month is Tina Brooks' "True Blue". I have been thinking of exchanging it with Sonny Rollins' "The Bridge". Any thoughts here?

In the meantime, lined up in my queue for next month is Tina Brooks' "True Blue". I have been thinking of exchanging it with Sonny Rollins' "The Bridge". Any thoughts here?

I'm going to be the contrarian. I'm not keen on either one.

True Blue is my only Tina Brooks. I enjoy it, and think that it's well worth the $6.99. But I've never thought it showed why Cuscuna felt that Brooks was worth a Mosaic box. I don't think it's that big a deal.

The Bridge is my least favorite Sonny Rollins album. I think it's overrated. It's my only Sonny RCA album, and I'm curious to hear another to see if it is any better.

Ok, let me have alittle fun here. Of the 10 selections in my queue at present, including the above mentioned what would you choose as your next selection?

Art Blakey

Indestructible (Remastered)

Miles Davis

Filles De Kilimanjaro (Remastered)

Roy Hargrove

Nothing Serious

Horace Silver

Horace Silver And The Jazz Messengers (Remastered)

Duke Pearson

Sweet Honey Bee

Lee Morgan

Tom Cat (Remastered)

Max Roach

Jazz In 3/4 Time

Ben Webster & Oscar Peterson

Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson (Remastered)

Ok, let me have alittle fun here. Of the 10 selections in my queue at present, including the above mentioned what would you choose as your next selection?

Art Blakey

Indestructible (Remastered)

Miles Davis

Filles De Kilimanjaro (Remastered)

Roy Hargrove

Nothing Serious

Horace Silver

Horace Silver And The Jazz Messengers (Remastered)

Duke Pearson

Sweet Honey Bee

Lee Morgan

Tom Cat (Remastered)

Max Roach

Jazz In 3/4 Time

Ben Webster & Oscar Peterson

Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson (Remastered)

Depends which are upgrades and which are new to you. Not to mention personal taste.