What's next on your YourMusic.com queue?

GA Russell

I'm going to have to clear out my queue, which is down to Mobley's Hi Voltage. I added Lewis/Jones Consummation (and am more than a little bummed they also have Central Park North, since I paid more this afternoon) and Peggy Lee's Black Coffee.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm enjoying the Sade, although it's probably the least interesting of her albums.

At the top of my queue are three hard bop classics, but I opened up Lee Morgan's Search for the New Land today, and I have two more Blue Note classics that I'll probably open up over the course of the next month, so I will probably get something this month from YourMusic that's not hard bop.

I'm leaning toward Sam Cooke's Live at the Harlem Square Club, but I see that they also have Stephen Bishop's greatest hits album and I could be talked into that one as well.

I only juggle the top few.  It's too much work to juggle a long queue!

I used to refrain from juggling much, but I discovered if you want to make #22 7th in your queue, it will sensibly place it there and reorder everything appropriately. For some reason I feared that if I put something in (for example) the 2nd slot without moving the current 2nd slotted disc the site would explode. :rolleyes:

Edited by Quincy

I only juggle the top few.  It's too much work to juggle a long queue!

I used to refrain from juggling much, but I discovered if you want to make #22 7th in your queue, it will sensibly place it there and reorder everything appropriately. For some reason I feared that if I put something in (for example) the 2nd slot without moving the current 2nd slotted disc the site would explode. :rolleyes:

Thanks Quincy! I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hill's 'Black Fire'..........then something from Blue Oyster Cult.

Aside from a dangerous lack of cowbell, you're gonna dig Black Fire. I was listening to it a lot last week and it's goooooooood.

Since they just shipped the Jazz Crusaders '68 Lighthouse, I think Brownie & Max at Basin Street is next.

Guy

• 3 weeks later...

How often does Yourmusic update its inventory? In terms of jazz cds I've probably seen about 40-50 things I have real interest in buying, but once I get all that, the deal is going to be pretty uninteresting unless they acquire more selection.

Not a bad place to pick up a bunch of non-jazz albums, though.

How often does Yourmusic update its inventory? In terms of jazz cds I've probably seen about 40-50 things I have real interest in buying, but once I get all that, the deal is going to be pretty uninteresting unless they acquire more selection.

Not a bad place to pick up a bunch of non-jazz albums, though.

New things appear, of course; not sure how often. But then, if there are 40-50 titles you're really interested in getting, great! At $6.00 a pop with free shipping, you're getting a great deal, and that ought to last you a while. Why complain if the well eventually runs dry? Get it while you can!

• 3 weeks later...