Pie or Cake

All things being equal...  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ariceffron

OK JSUSTFGY U HAVE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME. I WANT PIE AND CAKE. CAKE AND PIE. I LIKE A PIEACE OF CHOC. CAKE W/ A PIECE OF RHUBARB PIE LYING ON TOP. IVE DONT THAT MANY TIMES. HOW CAN I CHOOSE.

Usually pie, if the crust is done right.

Brownie, I love Portuguese pastries also (although I suspect we may not be talking about the same thing). There's a bakery nearby that has these wonderful sweet cheese-filled things. A little like a cannoli, but differently shaped and the filling is more custard-like than mascarpone...

Edited by Big Wheel

A friend once took me to a tiny storefront in Pasadena, CA that made killin' peach cobbler!!!! There was also a restaurant on Melrose Ave in L.A. called Linda's. Linda's had all of the best jazz musicians at her very "in" restaurant. Gerry Wiggins, Andy Simpkins, Ernie Andrews, Jimmy Rowles, Eric von Essen, etc. Linda's had the 2nd best (or perhaps right up there with the Pasadena store) peach cobbler ever of the non-homemade variety.

Not too many jazz clubs have deeeliscious food (especially dessert). Then again, I haven't traveled all over the world, so perhaps I'm dead wrong!

Marla

Vote your conscience!

Ok 'Black Puddings' are pies and I cast my vote :)

Here I am battered and brused, with a broken little finger on my right hand, after playing rugby today, and I just love the conversations on this board. It makes all the pain go away :D

Che.

There are a variety of pies that I like, and probably fewer varieties of cake that I like... but when it comes right down to it, a well-conceived and well-made chocolate cake (the extremely rich and unhealthy type) is going to stand out above anything else you may offer me.

There are a variety of pies that I like, and probably fewer varieties of cake that I like... but when it comes right down to it, a well-conceived and well-made chocolate cake (the extremely rich and unhealthy type) is going to stand out above anything else you may offer me.

Cakes I don't like, my wife and kids love them, pies on the other hand are something special.

Che.