Sleep?

Ah, sleep! The Creator's curse on mankind. I despise sleep. I wish I had no need for it. Yet, sleep I must. And more as I grow older.

I was once a working musician. Which makes the following all the more remarkable:

I am up no later than 3:00AM each day. My first daily workout begins no more than 10 minutes later and lasts at least 120 minutes (at 75-95% HMR). How's that for up and at 'em?

I'm usually in bed around 10:00PM - 10:30PM.

Obviously, my travel schedule throws this off a bit, though I am blessedly immune to the effects of "jet lag".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough.

W. Shakespeare

Taking Bill's advice, I generally go to bed around 1AM and get up around 5:30AM.

Who knows what could be happening while I was sleeping?? :blink:

Edited by patricia

• 5 months later...

My schedule is all over the map and it's not getting any better.

When I work at home, I get up earlier and earlier and I find myself napping in the early evening and not waking until 3. Then I'm wide awake, like now. At least I can get some off hours maintnance done on a server in NYC.

Then comes a day where I have to work in NYC (not very far away) and I get in at 8pm or 1 am and it screws with my whole day/night problem, because I got up at 5 am.

Ko.yaa.nis.qatsi (from the Hopi language), n. 1. Crazy life. 2. Life in turmoil. 3. Life disintegrating. 4. Life out of balance. 5. A state of life that calls for another way of living.

I think I'll play some unplugged guitar guitar and then maybe I can get some sleep and get on track.

:rmad:

Edited by 7/4

During the week I try to be in bed at 11:00 PM and I'm up around 5:30 AM. On weekends I'm lucky if I sleep an extra two hours - even if I've done a gig the night before. I've gotten acclimated to rising early.

BTW,My hours are a complete turn around from when I was a full time musician. I now get up most mornings earlier than I used to go to bed !

Yesterday evening I fell asleep while telephoning with my girlfriend :blush:

It´s been a very busy week for me, with a lot of traveling and meetings, so I was quite exhausted on Friday evening when I arrived late from the airport.

I SMSed my girlfriend (who currently lives abroad) to ask her to talk over Skype (free internet telephony), put on the PC headset and lay down on the sofa. Usually she does most of the talking on the phone, and we spoke for about half an hour. Next thing I see was me waking up on the sofa at 4AM with the headset still on, and a SMS on my mobile saying "Good night darling. You must have fallen asleep. I know you are fine, because I can hear you snoring"

Yesterday evening I fell asleep while telephoning with my girlfriend  :blush:

It´s been a very busy week for me, with a lot of traveling and meetings, so I was quite exhausted on Friday evening when I arrived late from the airport.

I SMSed my girlfriend (who currently lives abroad) to ask her to talk over Skype (free internet telephony), put on the PC headset and lay down on the sofa. Usually she does most of the talking on the phone, and we spoke for about half an hour. Next thing I see was me waking up on the sofa at 4AM with the headset still on, and a SMS on my mobile saying "Good night darling. You must have fallen asleep. I know you are fine, because I can hear you snoring"

:D