What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see it as well; sounds like I'd appreciate it a lot more than that Joan Crawford abomination. (Not to blame it on Crawford; it wasn't her fault that apparently no one involved had read the book.)

As far as I could see it followed the book very faithfully,scene by scene. The great direction and attention to detail really lifted it to film status. Thinking of it as just a tv film does it an injustice.

The Good Wife

Good as always, Kalinda in hot water.

True Bloods

Good but the idea of spending 80% of the time setting up a hopeless no win situation only to have it nattily resolved in the last five minutes or so is nonsense.

Chaos

New programme which is gonna die a swift death. Awful.

Yes, The Good Wife.. . building to a nice season conclusion.

Now watching "Witchblade," a series from a comic book that doesn't have much going for it but does have a lead character, a woman homicide detective, that rides a motorcycle (and a Buell at that!)

Mildred Pierce HBO Episodes 1 & 2

mildred-pierce-hbo-poster-thumb.jpg

Outstanding. I was captivated.

I will no doubt be checking this out on disc.

BTW, just Netflixed seasons 4-6 of House. (I'd stopped watching it on TV a while back, so this was playing catchup for me.)

Edited by BruceH

Mildred Pierce Episode 3.

Excellent.

Really well done.

I know what's going to happen, & I'm still captivated.

Indeed, outstanding in every department. Almost insulting to relegate it to the tv programme thread, this is a fully developed and skillfully realized film.

What a difference a talented director makes.

Just rewatched the pilot episode of Baa Baa Blacksheep for the first time in over thirty years. Every cliche in the book, but kind of fun as a nostalgia thing.

"You can't go up in that plane Pappy! IT'S SUICIDE!!!" Has to be a line from every episode of that series.

I very much enjoyed tonight's episode of Fringe. I like that they are taking chances and doing such interesting things with the show. It's really got me looking forward to how they're going to wrap up the season.

You beat me to it. I was going to say much the same. The sudden 'format change' was very cool.