What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Killing' (Episode 13/14) continues to grip.

Really? I fell asleep with boredom during the first episode (but maybe that's me..)

I stuck with it to the end but felt it was too long and as it progressed the padding out of the episodes with red herrings became more and more apparent. I think it is being overrated by the likes of The Guardian. Ten episodes could have told the story in a more effective and more focused way. Can't hold a candle to Breaking Bad !

It's the slow unfolding that really gets to me. Really like the uncelebrity characters too. The antithesis of contemporary, amphetamine TV.

I liked the comment I read somewhere about the main female detective being unusual in that she didn't look like she was trying to solve a crime in a fifteen minute break from the catwalk.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I'm really enjoying "Bob's Burgers", a new half hour animated show on Fox. It's got a lot of the adult swim "Home Movies" crowd involved in it, and you can tell. It's got that modern-day-Peanuts absurdism and warmth. Every episode I've seen thus far has reduced me to tears, usually from some of the silliest things. The voice of the youngest daughter is done delightfully by the female stalker/biggest fan from Flight of the Commodores, Bob is the voice from "Home Movies" Coach. The show is terribly clever.

The Disney school of acting skit was funny because it was so spot-on. The Sound Of Music skit was kinda funny. Seth Meyers' news is always a highlight. The rest was pretty much yech, blah or meh. Miley C's voice is very grating and irritating. Of course, it's only my opinion. :shrug[1]:

Edited by mikelz777

Bored To Death S1

" I've always been intrigued by Stockholm Syndrome, it reminds me of my childhood".

Woody would approve. :)

I wish there had been more episodes that season! Pretty hilarious moments, and of course I loved the Chandler references.

• 2 weeks later...