Advice on Speakers

Okay since this is such a smart group.... My wife is buying me a new set of speakers for my stereo.... I've got a Denon reciever and a Pioneer 100CD Jukebox....

What speakers would you recommend??? And my only 2 limits...

1) Please keep it under $1000 and

2) Please DO NOT describe the sound in highly technical details... I am not an audiophile...

thanks!!!!!!!!

Oh and these will only be used for listening to music and the radio... (No home theater.)

1) Please keep it under $1000 and

2) Please DO NOT describe the sound in highly technical details... I am not an audiophile...

If you're not an audiophile then why are you in the market for $999.99 speakers?

Okay since this is such a smart group.... My wife is buying me a new set of speakers for my stereo.... I've got a Denon reciever and a Pioneer 100CD Jukebox....

1) Please keep it under $1000

Hi TM,

My advice is to try and find a deal on a pair of Dynaudio speakers. You might be able to score a pair of lower end "Audience" series for $1000 (or a bit less).

I just recently got a set of Dynaudios, and the sound is simply superb!!! Maybe a little too great... they certainly bring out the lower sound quality in the Charlie Parker "Complete Savoy & Dial Sessions" box set that I never heard before with my old (crappy) set-up.

See how I made this thread tie into the "Box Sets" forum!?! :P

Cheers,

Shane