W.E.L.C.O.M.E. B.A.C.K.!!!!

Well, I'm sure somewhere in the contract for a shared server it talks about hogging resources or "abusing" the sql database or whatever. They already have my payment info, they've already charged my card, and they're setting up the new server as we speak, so I'll just wait it out.

Basically, once I have my own server, I can do with it what I want. There are no real limitations and they can't shut me down for having a popular website. I do think it stinks, too... but...

I have 30 days to back out. If the new server sucks and we're still having problems, I'll wave goodbye.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but make sure you have the technical support you might need with your own server (unless you know your way around those well).

As you have experienced yourself, crummy support can cost you a lot of nerves and a hell of a lot of time that you could spend with your wife ... or on your music ... or both!

Good luck!

That's really the only reason I am sticking with these guys. Their tech support has been great. Yes, shutting down the forums sucks, but they actually turned it back on the other day (Wednesday) and got in trouble for it. They have gone above and beyond.

When I first transfered the site over, the tech guy walked me through importing the database step by step even though they are supposed to charge me for that. He just wanted to help me out.

So, the customer service aspect might not be so good, but tech support has been great.

I'm working on about 4 hours or so.  Not bad! :)  I had a lot of stuff to do today with the wife and kid or it probably would've been up sooner.  But getting away from it allowed me to figure out the problem a little better.  I was getting kind of frustrated.

Jim, many, many thanks for taking care of the problems!

Now go back to enjoying the family!