Ever walked out of a movie?

akanalog walked out of "Sin City." My sister and I walked out of "Meet the Parents." THAT was one of the worst movies ever made. Hey, if people like Ben Stiller's shtick, fine; I can only take it in small doses. Pair that with Robert De Niro doing yet ANOTHER parody of his "Taxi Driver" persona, and a gorgeous blond who wants to stay with Stiller's schlub despite the fact that he has LOSER written all over him..... I'm glad we got our money back on this one.

So, how's about y'all?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once. 'My Blue Heaven' wth Steve Martin. But I wasn't having a good time generally then. Can't remember much about the film, just that I sat in the cinema generally unhappy.

I was about to leave the theatre during 'What Lies Beneath', but as it happened I had left it too late and the final scenes came around. Dreadful stuff.

I don't think I've ever walked out during a film. I usually have a good idea of what it will be like before I fork out for a ticket. I have however abandoned quite a lot of things mid way on dvd and video. Usually my brain gives out and I fall asleep.The last one that was so bad I couldn't watch was the horrible remake of 'The In Laws' Absolutely dreadful rubbish.

It's funny that no matter how bad a movie is, I don't consider walking out an option. Like somewhere along the way my mother told me it was rude so I never even consider it. Once my wife and I left at her request (because I didn't think of it) but was glad she suggested it. Usually I just sit through the thing and then talk about how much it sucked later.

My wife and I have turned off DVDs before, usually if it's bad I just fall asleep on the couch.

Al, I can't believe you walked on MEET THE PARENTS! I consider you my cyber twin. We were born in the same month and share similar views about most things discussed here on the board. I'm a bit shocked about this one.

akanalog walked out of "Sin City." My sister and I walked out of "Meet the Parents." THAT was one of the worst movies ever made. Hey, if people like Ben Stiller's shtick, fine; I can only take it in small doses. Pair that with Robert De Niro doing yet ANOTHER parody of his "Taxi Driver" persona, and a gorgeous blond who wants to stay with Stiller's schlub despite the fact that he has LOSER written all over him..... I'm glad we got our money back on this one.

So, how's about y'all?

Thank you Al. All this time I thought I was crazy as a loon. My wife took me to see Meet The Parents a couple of years ago and I came as close to walking out of a movie as I ever have. I was insulted to the core. Stunk to high heaven. My wife thought it was kind of funny and there were some tense moments driving home. It was all I could do to keep from saying it was the worst movie I had ever seen. It well may have been.

When I saw Carmen McRae walk out of the screening room about ten minutes into "Lady Sings the Blues," I really wanted to do likewise. Unfortunately, I was there in the capacity of reviewer, so I had to stick it out to the bitter end--a painful experience.

There are many movies I would have walked out on, but I did the wise thing and skipped them. I have often taken off my earphones on in-flight movies--does that count?

Chris A I hope you pummeled "Lady Sings The Blues" in your review-it was a pretty sorry excuse for a movie.

One that I walked out on was "China Moon" with Ed Harris and Madeline Stowe. About 10 or 15 minutes into it I could see the ending of the movie coming from about a mile away and didn't really feel like hanging around.

Oddly enough, both were Robin Williams movies. Popeye cuz it was simply unwatchable and the remake of The Absent Minded Professor. I loved the original with Fred McMurray, so I thought, how bad can this be if it stars Robin Williams. The answer is very bad. Just goes to show you, they don't make 'em quite like they used to. Even with all the jazzed up special effects available in the '90's it couldn't hold a candle to the first one.

Up over and out.

I liked the part involving the monkeys but fell asleep once the film went into outer space. I was not quite 5 at the time and I guess my parents didn't want to pay for a baby sitter. Not sure if the folks walked out because they didn't like the movie or if my sister and I snored too loudly.

Um, the next time I saw it I stayed awake.

"Blue Lagoon" & "Rambo", both within the first 20 minutes.

My question to you, Jim, is what were you thinking when you paid your money to get in in the first place?

That either of these movies were going to be "<really hapnin'>"? :huh::g:crazy::bad::alien::party::ph34r:

I was on a trip with my parents (when I was a teen) and I think I must have convinced them to take me to see "Superfly" 'cause I don't see them going anywhere near that one on their own. We left about halfway through- I was diggin' it, but I guess they must have thought it was unfit for a young lad.

I still needs to sees how it ends. :rhappy:

Edited by Free For All

I saw Meet The Parents on DVD, and thought it awesome. Gaylord Faulker, loved it. And the jesus-freak capitalist character was very well done.

Had I seen Old School at the theaters I would've gladly walk out. As it happened, I could only turn the TV off.

Blues Brothers nearly ruined an entire genre of music. Still, it was a funny movie.

I liked the part involving the monkeys but fell asleep once the film went into outer space. I was not quite 5 at the time and I guess my parents didn't want to pay for a baby sitter. Not sure if the folks walked out because they didn't like the movie or if my sister and I snored too loudly.

Quincy, Your parents didn't give you a hit of acid before you went in?! Bummer dude! :P

:lol:

Quincy, Your parents didn't give you a hit of acid before you went in?! Bummer dude! :P

There are a lot I probably should have walked out on.

Only one I can remember walking out on was Haskell Wexler's Medium Cool, as much because it was the second film in a double feature as because it was boring me. I usually love double features, though.

)GregN Posted Today, 08:54 PM

I saw Meet The Parents on DVD, and thought it awesome.

....the jesus-freak capitalist character was very well done.

That was Owen Wilson, who was easily the best thing in the picture.

Edited by Kalo