Jazz ringtones

So if it has to be a custom ringtone, please let it be jazz.

Well, that's the thing right there - it doesn't have to be a custom ringtone!

You've touched on a major modern personal irritant. I'll be minding my own business somewhere, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, comes this goofyass louder than shit NOISE that's as unnecessary as it it is unwelcome. And what is it? Somebody's damn ringtone. "Hey, I'm COOL! My phone plays a song!"

Hey Slick, here's some news you can use - NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR FUCKING CELL PHONE PLAYING THE GODDAM 1812 OVERTURE, A DISCO LOOP, OR ANY OTHER GODDAMN THING! IT'S A PHONE, CHUCKLES, NOT A PRIVATE RADIO STATION! GET A FUCKING GRIP ON YOUR BITCHASS REALITY BEFORE SOMEBODY STICKS THAT DICKBREATH PHONE OF YOURS SO FAR UP YOUR SELFCENTERED ASS THAT EVEN 911 WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND IT, YOU PATHETIC, THINK-I'M-SPECIAL-BECAUSE-MY PHONE-HAS-A-REPERTOIRE-OF-BULLSHIT LOSER!

Thanks. I feel better now.

Thanks, Jim, that was cathartic. Ringtones are sort of like screen savers -- semi-pathetic assertions of individuality that attempt to disguise the fact that you're just a cog like everyone eles, tethered to this machine.

I hate cell-phones. My day job is in a retail store (selling wine) and it is incredibly annoying the way people walk around the store having private conversations on their cell-phones at the top of their lungs. Also, it's incredibly annoying to be put on hold in person while a customer takes a call... Shouldn't the person you're face to face with take priority?

Don't get me started.

Well, that's the thing right there - it doesn't have to be a custom ringtone!

You've touched on a major modern personal irritant. I'll be minding my own business somewhere, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, comes this goofyass louder than shit NOISE that's as unnecessary as it it is unwelcome. And what is it? Somebody's damn ringtone. "Hey, I'm COOL! My phone plays a song!"

Jim,

thank you, thank you, thank you.

P.S.: I travelled home for twelve hours from southern Poland yesterday. Next to the stupid blasting ringtones I had to listen to, I was surrounded (and I mean that) by people endlessly typing SMS messages at light speed ... all the fu**ing time. Click, click click click, click, click ... Add to that the guy behind me who was playing some ego shooter on his notebook, hitting the mouse buttons at 1280 bpm, it was completely insane. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Everyone staring into some communication or computer device - a nightmare from which I couldn't wake up. :crazy:

And it made me feel old.

Then I got home and fired up my PC ... :unsure:

Thanks, Jim, that was cathartic. Ringtones are sort of like screen savers -- semi-pathetic assertions of individuality that attempt to disguise the fact that you're just a cog like everyone eles, tethered to this machine.

I hate cell-phones. My day job is in a retail store (selling wine) and it is incredibly annoying the way people walk around the store having private conversations on their cell-phones at the top of their lungs.  Also, it's incredibly annoying to be put on hold in person while a customer takes a call...  Shouldn't the person you're face to face with take priority?

Don't get me started.

Hey, maybe we could create a screensaver from Jim's nice big type? :g

And about ringtones: I generally agree, I have my phone on vibrate all the time, but when I'm home I place it somewhere, don't remember where, and couldn't hear the vibrating thing anyway, so I have to put on some ringtone... (I have no other phone going by my own name, so I need the cell). I won't tell you what stupid jazz thingie comes out of my phone, though...

About people using phones in public places (trains, shops, public transport in the city): I hate it, decidedly, *but*: the problem is not the fact they're using but the fact that they either neurotics with lack of self-confidence or just simply put rude people who do not know how annoying they are, and neither do they care.

One of those guns that wes is always carrying when he shows us his face (or was that his friend - the gun, not the face I mean) would greatly help in such cases ("move your ass out of here or I'll blow your head...") :P

BMI Forecasts US Ringtone Sales Will Double in 2005 to $500 Million

BMI, the U.S. performing rights organization representing more than 300,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers, released its sales projections for ringtones in the United States market today. BMI predicts that the market will surpass $500 million in retail sales, up from $245 million in calendar year 2004 and $68 million in calendar year 2003. BMI bases its projection on census-based sales data that it aggregates from more than 225 different outlets for the sale of mobile entertainment.

"We see the growth trend in ringtones and mobile entertainment continuing through mid 2006," said BMI Vice President of Business Development, Richard Conlon. "We believe that the market will double for the ringtone sector alone. Any revenues derived from the ringback-tone services and mobile subscription music services, which have just begun to roll out in the U.S., will be incremental."

Since entering the market in 2001, the company has tracked and processed more than 150,000,000 individual ringtone sales through the third quarter of 2004 by title, artist and gross retail revenues generated. BMI's database of earnings and titles is believed to be the most comprehensive in the industry. BMI uses the data that it collects to distribute public performance royalties on a pro-rata basis to its affiliated songwriters, composers and music publishers.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

In contrast, only 23,060,000 jazz albums were sold in 2003, of which 5,137,468 were Norah Jones' Come Away With Me.

now watch jim have a cow.gif:P

Seriously though, if I leave it on vibrate I seem to miss at least half of my calls.

Works just the other way around for me. If I set my phone to ring (loud), I never hear it. Vibrate is the way to go. On the other hand, I keep my phone in my underwear.

Seriously though, if I leave it on vibrate I seem to miss at least half of my calls.

Works just the other way around for me. If I set my phone to ring (loud), I never hear it. Vibrate is the way to go. On the other hand, I keep my phone in my underwear.

Same here, but I never answer the phone. People know I'll pick up when I'm through.

Okay, seriously, I don't own a cell phone.