Jackson Verdict

Wow, I didn't think it possible to find a jury even more clueless than the OJ jury.... but they found 'em.

I believe both juries did their job. Although I think both OJ and Jacko are guilty of the crimes, let's face it, reasonable doubt was raised in both trials. As funny as it sounds, the glove didn't fit, so they had to acquit. And this kids parents did have a long history of con jobs and lawsuits.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there was reasonable doubt. But when is there *not*?

What do we need to eliminate reasonable doubt? Video footage of the crime?

Ok, the mother was nuts... but no more so than Jackson. He should have been *required* to take the stand

Somehow, I don't think this will be the last we'll hear of these sorts of allegations.

Of course there was reasonable doubt. But when is there *not*?

What do we need to eliminate reasonable doubt? Video footage of the crime?

Ok, the mother was nuts... but no more so than Jackson. He should have been *required* to take the stand

Somehow, I don't think this will be the last we'll hear of these sorts of allegations.

I just got off the phone with my Dad. I told him "there's always next time!" :g

Wow, I didn't think it possible to find a jury even more clueless than the OJ jury.... but they found 'em.

I believe both juries did their job. Although I think both OJ and Jacko are guilty of the crimes, let's face it, reasonable doubt was raised in both trials. As funny as it sounds, the glove didn't fit, so they had to acquit. And this kids parents did have a long history of con jobs and lawsuits.

But why make it about the parents? Wacko-Jacko was on trial, not them

But why make it about the parents? Wacko-Jacko was on trial, not them

Yes well, the mother hired an acting coach to train her son how to act on the stand in a previous lawsuit (against Sears was it?). In my mind, that automatically brings the kids parents into this case and also provides reasonable doubt.

I have to agree. When the alleged victim and his family are almost professional milkers of the legal system, it's hard not to see reasonable doubt. I've said before, if the crime Jackson was being tried for was being weird, it would be a slam dunk. However, last I heard that wasn't a crime...

Stop the presses, but I agree with Johnny. When the family uses and abuses the legal system in highly questionable ways, it brings up serious chances for reasonable doubt to exist. That and the fact that you've got the kid denying things vehemently at one point and then changing his attitude.

While I have no doubt whatsoever that MJ is a child molester, I have reasonable doubt, or at least can understand, a verdict of not guilty in this case.

And Rooster, of course if Michael Jackson weren't a celebrity, no one would give a rat's ass about this verdict. But he is, and he's someone the world has watched since he was five years old, and has watched him become weirder and weirder. Of course there is fascination and interest in the outcome of this case. THAT's why it merits the attention its gotten.

Or at least 50% of the attention its received ... the other 50% is purely a function of all-news channels and 24 hours of airtime to fill.

You are correct; in both cases, it seems like the DA went into it thinking they had a slam-dunk case and ended up shooting themselves in the foot.

In the end, the real victim here is the kid. Hell, he probably won't even get a book deal for all of his suffering.

BTW, was anyone else nauseated by the whole press-conference with the jurors? Talk about a media love-fest; it was the aural equivalent of reading an article in People magazine.

BTW, was anyone else nauseated by the whole press-conference with the jurors? Talk about a media love-fest; it was the aural equivalent of reading an article in People magazine.

Yes, and these were the very same people who had asked to be let alone and allowed to go quietly into the night!

The whole process was pretty nauseating IMO.

Hmmm, that's funny. I didn't get nauseated in the slightest. Then again, I didn't watch any of it either.

I was surprised to hear the other night that the trial had been going on for something like 4 months. Never even noticed. Pretty much anytime anything "Michael" comes on the TV, I change the channel within about 5 seconds. That's been my policy for years.

Speaking as an observer, celebrity trials are a breeze -- as long as you just totally ignore them.

(And yes, I ignored the OJ trial(s), and the Kobe trial too -- nearly completely, in both cases.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties