Sports: 2005 NFL Season

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can the pats bounce back and DESTROY the steelers this week??

i hope so

will the steelers ever lose a regular season game?

I'm going with the Pats this weekend. If they had won at Carolina, I would have picked the Steelers. Now it's time for the Pats to break the Steeler regular season streak.

browns pick

browns + 14 vs colts ....

i hope it's low scorin'

browns hung with phillly last year

lock of the weekend

bengals -3 vs bears

bengals look strong

guy at work has them going 5-1

upset special

saints + 3.5 vs vikings

vikings stink

others

philly -8.5 vs oaktown (faiders are terrible)

TO V MOSS (TO wins on stats and game)

seattle - 6 vs cards (cards lose in a high scoring game)

pittsburgh - 3 vs new england (go new england..show me something)

carolina - 3 vs miami

tampa bay - 3.5 vs green bay (season's over for gb after today)

buffalo -2.5 vs falcons (should be easy for the bills)

sunday night game

chargers - 6 ny giants

eli better wear a bullet proof vest

monday night game

kc + 3 vs denver (denver is up and down)

3 team parlay

carolina - 3

bengals - 3

buff - 2.5

i hit the 3 teamer last week

Edited by Soulstation1

New England has just lost a couple of starters in the secondary already in the first quarter. They've got another three defensive backs injured. Man, it's back to last year and sticking wide receivers in the backfield...

:o

That Pittsburgh field is great for twisting ankles. Ty Law lost the entire season from a game last year at Heinz Field.

We've definitely got our work cut out for us.

7 point lead now.

Frustrating game, but Belichik has produced one of his coaching masterpieces so far. They've shut down Willie Parker, and Troy Polamalu hasn't done much yet either. They've also frustrated Big Ben.

--damn, Steelers just had a nice kickoff return. More work ahead....

SS1's picks - submitted to me via PM at 8am...apparently SS1 is having difficulty posting...

buffalo

carolina

cincinnati

indy (close/tough game)

j-ville

philly (faiders are terrible)

tampa bay

st louis

seattle

dallas (good game last week ladies...lol)

pittsburgh (i hope i lose this one)

san diego

new orleans

MNF

kansas city

48 points

Harrison tore his ACL, MCL and PCL!  :o

That's a tough tough break for the champs.

Of course, there will be other injuries by year end.

There is a small pool of available veteran safties in the free agent market such as Reggie Tongue and Brock Marion, but I think the Pats will re-sign second-year man Dexter Reid, who is also valuable on special teams. They could also move Chad Scott to the safety position and sign a cornerback or two to replace him. (You heard it first here, guys. :P )

Anyway, I'm not giving up on the season just yet. Most teams will have to overcome injuries throughout the year. Seems the Pats always suffer more than other teams, but that can't happen every year. Things have to even out by year end. Bills lost Takeo Spikes for the year; and the Pennington loss for the Jets is huge.

There is a small pool of available veteran safties in the free agent market such as Reggie Tongue and Brock Marion, but I think the Pats will re-sign second-year man Dexter Reid, who is also valuable on special teams.  They could also move Chad Scott to the safety position and sign a cornerback or two to replace him.  (You heard it first here, guys.  :P )

The Indianapolis Colts grabbed Reid back when the Patriots cut him. He's on their 53 man roster too, not the practice squad. The Patriots can't sign him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hank Poteat back on the Patriots... which scares the crap out of me. He wasn't that good.

BTW, Earthwind Moreland is available. :tdown

I bet Troy Brown is practicing with the defense again. :D

Kevin

Chad Pennington is out for the Jets for the season too...torn rotator cuff.  I don't follow the Jets that closely, but doesn't this guy get hurt like EVERY year??

39 year Jet season ticket holder here. Yes, Pennington is injury prone and AFAIAC, his career is done. He'll make a great QB coach one day if he chooses to, but he now belongs with the Greg Cooks of the NFL (anyone remember that name?), i.e., very promising QBs whose careers were cut short due to seriously debilitating injuries. What bugged me more this past Sunday was seeing Fiedler also go out within minutes of Chad, his season practically done also. If not quite over, he's out for at least 6-8 weeks. So we go now with third year QB, Wisconsin grad, Brooks Bollinger, a veritable unknown who'll be working behind a very suspect OL, if the past three games are any indication of what to expect. Bleak outlook, but hey, I'm a Jet fan. I didn't start seeing regular season ending playoff appearances until Parcells appeared in the late '90s. Who can we get - Tim Couch? I sure as hell don't want the "bachelor", Jesse Palmer. Druggie Quincy Carter is definitely out as well as Vinnie it seems.

A problem with the Jets is that they can't run either. I don't know who their O-Line coach is but he sure didn't do a good job coaching those guys how to block. One of the poorly organized groups around, for sure. Curtis Martin looks slower than he was last year, but he sure has no room to run. The coaches get impatient with old guys quickly and I'm sure Edwards and offensive coordinator are itching to replace him with Blaylock.

It sure looks like a 6-10 season for the Jets this year.

I'm supposing that since we haven't reached week 6 yet, that a trade for a QB isn't entirely out of the question for the Jets. If they have any decent draft picks for next year, they might be able to grab a second-string QB from another team...there are some pretty good ones out there.

The Jets need to send Dinger to Tennessee and convince Titans GM Floyd Reese to trade back-up QB Billy Volek. They'd have to give up a #1 pick and maybe more to get him, but it would be worth it. Volek already knows Heimerdingers schemes and has proven he can be a #1 guy in the league.

A problem with the Jets is that they can't run either. I don't know who their O-Line coach is but he sure didn't do a good job coaching those guys how to block. One of the poorly organized groups around, for sure. Curtis Martin looks slower than he was last year, but he sure has no room to run. The coaches get impatient with old guys quickly and I'm sure Edwards and offensive coordinator are itching to replace him with Blaylock.

It sure looks like a 6-10 season for the Jets this year.

In all fairness, one of the reasons that Martin isn't running as well this year is that defenses saw quite early that Pennington had not fully recovered from off season surgery and therefore did not fear the deep ball at all. Opposing defenses were then able to cheat, move up, shorten the field and gang tackle Curtis pretty easily. That said, the OL is still suspect but it partially explains Curtis' lack of production this year.